6 + 2 Point Deductions

Interesting point made by Keiran Maguire on TalkS**** earlier. By all accounts the PL reckoned that Everton should not have climbed into bed with anyone expressing Russian interests knowing the situation in Ukraine as it has been since 2014 and that we really ought to have taken active steps to extricate ourselves from the agreement prior to the full blown invasion in 2022...like we knew this was going down!
I feel vindicated on this as I've been saying all along the PL are embarrased by the Usmanov links that they allowed under their watch and us gone, given they approved the sale for Moshiri in 2016, 2 years after it kicked off in Ukraine, it's all on them, it's not like Moshiri's links with Usmanov were not known prior

Honestly, i think it’s because the first punishment was so high they didn’t want to reduce it too much to make themselves look incompetent
That's what I think as well. As much as we want to think that there is a definitive agenda I also think that the first panel had no idea what to do.

I have no idea, mate. Did we get an offer for him back in the summer? It's someone we kept in the hope that his value would go up and sell in the summer of '24. Player C, I guess is Anthony Gordon.
I believe we got offers but didn't want to sell and he wanted to stay to build experience

I feel vindicated on this as I've been saying all along the PL are embarrased by the Usmanov links that they allowed under their watch and us gone, given they approved the sale for Moshiri in 2016, 2 years after it kicked off in Ukraine, it's all on them, it's not like Moshiri's links with Usmanov were not known prior
Congrats?

Interesting point made by Keiran Maguire on TalkS**** earlier. By all accounts the PL reckoned that Everton should not have climbed into bed with anyone expressing Russian interests knowing the situation in Ukraine as it has been since 2014 and that we really ought to have taken active steps to extricate ourselves from the agreement prior to the full blown invasion in 2022...like we knew this was going down!

This from the same body who until then were happily taking £millions from Russian broadcasters for TV rights until sanctions kicked in and gave them no option but to pull the plug in May 2022, three months AFTER the full invasion.

At best, stones and glass houses spring to mind. At worse, corrupt logic and their own self-preservation.

They let a club be taken over by someone who the CIA confirmed gave an order to murder a journalist.

I think the Commission acknowledged that, but argued that it was appropriate for our punishment to be higher because we breached twice rather than just once, like Forest.

Basically like if a friend and I both get speeding tickets with £100 fines attached, when I went 15 miles over the limit and he was 30 miles over. But then I come around and do it again, 15 miles over again, I'd still get a second £100 fine, even though we both "went over" by the same amount in total when looking at every offense combined. I mean, the logic does make sense.

This right here is the real outrage. That's the result of having a slap-dash process without a properly formalized, well-structured adjudication system. Having separate commissions for every single offense hearing is patently absurd.
Oh that could be. We broke the rules, that were clear for everyone, and deserved a punishment in a certain form. Now the prem seems to punish it, after being a vacuum room for many years.

The problem is no matter of the name and reputation of the club, everyone should get equal treatment. And this is the problem not to be guaranteed.

That's incredibly mendacious. What's Newcastle's excuse for climbing into bed with a Saudi Arabian dictator committing war crimes in Yemen and dismembering people in Turkish consulates?

Oh, they don't need one, I see. Boris said it was fine.
Uk goverment Sell them weapons don’t they so their part of the self proclaimed good guys gang with USA and Israel

The PL didn't get to where it is now without Roman Abramovic either.

They hated him too I bet...

Oh that could be. We broke the rules, that were clear for everyone, and deserved a punishment in a certain form. Now the prem seems to punish it, after being a vacuum room for many years.

The problem is no matter of the name and reputation of the club, everyone should get equal treatment. And this is the problem not to be guaranteed.
I have no issue with having points deducted if all other clubs will be treated in precisely the same manner. But we have seen that is not the case. This is a miscarriage of justice.

Yeah cuz Chelsea wuz innocent and Roman is obviously not tied to Russia in any way, all the Arab/Dubai countries are obviously not a sportswashing campaign funneling insane amounts of money for infrastructure that doesn't even get on their accounts, and so on and so on.

What a nonsensical point.

Usmanov/Moshiri were on the Arsenal board up until they joined us, were they as bad then?
They were never getting their hands on Arsenal 100% though for a variety of reasons.