6 + 2 Point Deductions

unlikely to happen as he left them before they got taken over.
I think they’re talking at cross purposes. I think he’s saying that the PL have determined there was a sporting advantage and the other guy is saying there wasn’t one. Not sure those positions can’t both be right.
He is a lawyer at the end of the day so he is going to stick to the official line. When the City thing gets going it will get interesting though, he was happy to have a go at us, Forest and Chelsea the other week but when Simon Jordan started on the City thing his whole persona changed and he got quite agitated and very defensive. I think he is being put in the media at the moment as a "defender" of City and to try and go on these shows to try and dampen down the narrative.

This entire process is unfair because from the outset there were no clear rules as to the defintion of possible
infringements and the accompanying penalties. Plus, there has been a whole raft of subjective announcements:
Forest were said to have been afforded a smaller points penalty because they co-operated more than EFC, plus EFC
were criticized in the latest report about not forecasting Russia sanctions when the Premier League were still working
with Russian interests after EFC had stopped!

EFC has been run badly and deserve a penalty but I agree with the pundits above who think that EFC is a target who can't bite back.

The process will be updated in summer to ensure that none of the big boys will be burnt in the future and mugs like EFC and Forest
will be little more than asteriks in this year's league table.
Has given me hope that we can get more back because of the answers they have given us back is plenty of room to attack. Then still have no idea why they still have a problem with the satdium loan if we have proof it is on the stadium.

From the Athletic today on why another big sale is required

'And, without meaning to panic anyone, this ruling also revealed Everton can only afford to lose just over £38m, after the usual PSR deductions, in the current season if they are to avoid being in this position for the third straight reporting period.

Their PSR loss for 2022-23 was £62.7m and nobody is expecting the numbers in their revenue or cost columns to change that much 12 months on. This means the only way out is to sell another player or two'

Or bring in new money from sponsoring the best “football” ground in the Prem?

As long as the sponsor’s scruples are ok with contradictory PL’s.

This is where the incompetence of the management comes into the play.
Any organisation with any sort of acumen would be looking at ways to mitigate this at year end in creative ways.
Can the players salaries be delayed from June to July thus moving from one accounting year to another? That’s got to be £5m+ .

Can they tap up BMD hospitality patrons who have paid 20% upfront alreadyfor another 20-30% in return for a discount down the line?

Can they delay payments due to creditors at year end by extending payment terms temporarily?

If we can avoid a forced selling of a player before the financial year end we stand a better chance of getting a better fee in the August transfer window.

What a mess!!

Hopefully we can get a good enough amount for onana (end if june) to satisfy our accounts, and sales of branthwaite and others can largely be put for new player purchases.
We cannot, CANNOT be going through this PSR nonsense again next season.
My head cant handle weeks and weeks of psr worry.
Yeah theres a third potential charge but thats for the summer to resolve and should we have a points deduction (hope not of course), it will be from start of season.

We can then be just talking about football and the stadium

Why can’t they sort this interest charge issue out now, and why will it only be addressed if we stay up?

What happens if we go down, does it just get lashed in the bin, forgotten forever?!

Do the EPL, with their different rules pick it up of masters gets his way and we drop, due to these disgraceful deductions we’ve had?

How in the hell is any of that ok?

The flawed, corrupt process is a complete joke and all that masters and the Pl are doing is targeting Everton fc - the agenda is clear, and becoming clearer by the second.

I said at the time we should have caused a stink after the -10 and again after the -6 but those running our club are too soft/nice/pathetic to fight.

Hopefully we can get a good enough amount for onana (end if june) to satisfy our accounts, and sales of branthwaite and others can largely be put for new player purchases.
We cannot, CANNOT be going through this PSR nonsense again next season.
My head cant handle weeks and weeks of psr worry.
Yeah theres a third potential charge but thats for the summer to resolve and should we have a points deduction (hope not of course), it will be from start of season.

We can then be just talking about football and the stadium
Exactly mate!

Otherwise I'm giving footy a miss next season and taking up spectating something less stressful like Lawn Bowls.

Any organisation with any sort of acumen would be looking at ways to mitigate this at year end in creative ways.
Can the players salaries be delayed from June to July thus moving from one accounting year to another? That’s got to be £5m+ .

Can they tap up BMD hospitality patrons who have paid 20% upfront alreadyfor another 20-30% in return for a discount down the line?

Can they delay payments due to creditors at year end by extending payment terms temporarily?

If we can avoid a forced selling of a player before the financial year end we stand a better chance of getting a better fee in the August transfer window.

What a mess!!
These are accounting losses, not cash. Most of what you propose will have no effect on the income statement

What a mess!!
I'm glad you're not running the show either!

He is a lawyer at the end of the day so he is going to stick to the official line. When the City thing gets going it will get interesting though, he was happy to have a go at us, Forest and Chelsea the other week but when Simon Jordan started on the City thing his whole persona changed and he got quite agitated and very defensive. I think he is being put in the media at the moment as a "defender" of City and to try and go on these shows to try and dampen down the narrative.
He’s a city fan he’s biased when it comes to them. It he’s pretty good at breaking down this PSR stuff into easier to understand terms.

He’s a city fan he’s biased when it comes to them. It he’s pretty good at breaking down this PSR stuff into easier to understand terms.
Anyone that comes on the radio telling everyone City's case is no comparison to Evertons is a self serving tosser.

We broke a couple of highly debatable rules City broke 115 of them.