Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

6 + 2 Point Deductions

The game is gone really. It’s sad. I mean money always helped but a decent manager and a few canny signings could turn a club round in the old days. Not so much now.

I nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning doing the PL true or false quiz which basically made it out that Chelsea had won more league titles than Arsenal because clearly anything before the PL existed didn’t happen.

So, in a way I guess I’d not mind if the PL went belly up.

I’m getting there mate, I actually don’t view winning the league as a prize any more in all honesty, honestly couldn’t have told you who was top of the meagre with a couple of games to go. The Romance and integrity is gone, it’s not a competition anymore.

The only thing that can save it is something like a cap or a draft - but it’s very hard to do in the PL as the football market in global and your also competing against different leagues.

I just feel things are a forgone conclusion, like what chance do we have of winning the league again, is it realistic ……I’m not sure it is, I don’t know how you compete with the resources, even with us being owned by billionaires.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back