6 + 2 Point Deductions

They won’t climb down from here now, that quickly.

If they did would be the summer.

One of the most bizarre findings of the commission was they didn’t find us, because our owner was rich. Apparently he turned up at the commission decked out. WTF - nonsensical.
Especially as that money could have been put into grassroots,v strange

It was a political take down. Nothing more and nothing less. I said earlier that if this could be tested at the Court of Sports Arbitration the PL would be laughed out of court for the utter bunkum they and their 'independent' commission have come up with.

We don’t have recourse to go to CAS mind, was my understanding?

Especially as that money could have been put into grassroots,v strange

Not only that mate the six richest clubs in the league were fined pennies for trying to take down the league and football pyramid - because you can’t punish the fans.

Why weren’t they too rich to be fined and given a sporting sanction like us?

Hypocrisy.

All this mayhem over what is, seemingly, a sub-£20m 'overspend' and which fell on the back of COVID, sanctions and our new stadium build and which, by itself, will probably kick start regeneration of a run down area of Liverpool creating thousands of new jobs and opportunities.

I really struggle to understand how the PL and independent commission can come up with a finding which warrants us being docked ten points for such a paltry overspend when they know we will, undoubtedly, seek to appeal the decision and which, in turn, will lead to - as someone has already said - the creation and opening of a Pandora's Box when other clubs are eventually brought into the fray...if there is to be any transparency and consistency in the course the PL have now set out on.

A lesser penalty and we would probably gone away quietly but ten points makes it worth our while appealing the decision of this charade of a commission.
I think the tone of the Report speaks volumes. And while not a deliberate breach, a breach is nonetheless, according to the PL, inferred to impart a sporting advantage. But after a couple of readings, it seems pretty clear to me that Everton's perceived bad faith has heavily contributed to the 10 point deduction.

Overspend despite repeated warnings, misleading the PL about stadium interest; then add in backtracking by our accountants on certain PSR calculations and abandoning certain initial arguments and reference to Everton taking chances with its PSR position, and we have a fired up PL coming out punching with its 12 point deduction recommendation. While we can all be mad at the PL, let's be honest, much of this is of our own doing and poor management is largely to blame. That said, the punishment is too severe and hopefully the point deduction will be reduced, though I doubt we escape with less than a 6 point deduction on appeal.

If I’m Everton I’d be appealing more than just one bloody issue….dispense with issues not winnable, but focus on appealing issues outside of our control and then the sanctions. Leaving a lot of eggs in one basket if that’s the only issue being appealed.

Was just thinking that. You've only got to get a few egotistical bastads in there and questioning sanctioning policy could go down like a lead balloon.
Id still like to contest things like player sales during a fecking pandemic.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back