6 + 2 Point Deductions

And ended up relegated...top players are rarely available in January. Now with the European championship around the corner, there is the possibility that some important players might be looking for playing time...such as Kalvin Philips which could be a good option on loan for the season to cover our midfield.
Never said it worked? Of course January is a terrible window for quality and value. Just pointed out that as a purely financial decision, our fellow strugglers deserve to know exactly what they are up against to survive, and if they choose to roll the dice, as countless clubs have before (Tosun and Walcott?) they can if they wish.

From The Athletic today. A survey of "PL fans".

View attachment 236873

View attachment 236872
This is one of those times where switching the question a little would completely change the results.

If the question was "If YOUR club was given a 10 point deduction for an overspend of £20m over three years, how would you see that punishment? (Harsh, Fair, Lenient) - it would be pretty much 100% harsh.

Happy to do this.
Got a link to Burnham's letter?
I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to address critical concerns surrounding Everton Football Club's recent case and the actions taken by the Premier League. As an ardent supporter and concerned member of the community, I am deeply troubled by the recent developments and seek clarity on several pressing matters.

Firstly, the breach of Financial Fair Play rules by Everton was driven by the noble cause of constructing a new stadium aimed at revitalizing a part of Liverpool. This endeavor was pivotal for community development and rejuvenation. However, recent actions taken against Everton have led to an unsettling perception that the Premier League's pursuit may be politically motivated, potentially related to resisting an independent statutory regulator. While I lack the insights into internal deliberations, it's crucial to ensure that Everton's case wasn't intertwined with broader concerns about a statutory regulator.

The decision rendered by the panel feels arbitrary and raises doubts about the efficacy of an appeals process. It appears that a fair resolution within the current framework might not be feasible. Hence, I propose that the Premier League promptly discloses its proposed sanctions framework for the PSR regime, seeks club endorsement, and establishes a new Commission to fairly hear Everton's case within that framework.

The integrity and respect owed to Everton Football Club, one of England's oldest and most esteemed clubs, are paramount. We do not seek preferential treatment but earnestly request fair treatment and the recognition our club rightfully deserves.

Given the gravity of these concerns, I kindly request a detailed response addressing the queries I've outlined. Additionally, considering the matter's significance, I am copying this correspondence to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport and the Shadow Secretary of State and the Prime Minister. Should a satisfactory resolution not emerge, I am prepared to escalate this issue to the Government, as it holds substantial policy implications for the upcoming Parliament Bill aimed at safeguarding the future of football clubs.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Your swift and considered response would be greatly appreciated in resolving this situation amicably.

Sincerely,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to address critical concerns surrounding Everton Football Club's recent case and the actions taken by the Premier League. As an ardent supporter and concerned member of the community, I am deeply troubled by the recent developments and seek clarity on several pressing matters.

Firstly, the breach of Financial Fair Play rules by Everton was driven by the noble cause of constructing a new stadium aimed at revitalizing a part of Liverpool. This endeavor was pivotal for community development and rejuvenation. However, recent actions taken against Everton have led to an unsettling perception that the Premier League's pursuit may be politically motivated, potentially related to resisting an independent statutory regulator. While I lack the insights into internal deliberations, it's crucial to ensure that Everton's case wasn't intertwined with broader concerns about a statutory regulator.

The decision rendered by the panel feels arbitrary and raises doubts about the efficacy of an appeals process. It appears that a fair resolution within the current framework might not be feasible. Hence, I propose that the Premier League promptly discloses its proposed sanctions framework for the PSR regime, seeks club endorsement, and establishes a new Commission to fairly hear Everton's case within that framework.

The integrity and respect owed to Everton Football Club, one of England's oldest and most esteemed clubs, are paramount. We do not seek preferential treatment but earnestly request fair treatment and the recognition our club rightfully deserves.

Given the gravity of these concerns, I kindly request a detailed response addressing the queries I've outlined. Additionally, considering the matter's significance, I am copying this correspondence to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport and the Shadow Secretary of State and the Prime Minister. Should a satisfactory resolution not emerge, I am prepared to escalate this issue to the Government, as it holds substantial policy implications for the upcoming Parliament Bill aimed at safeguarding the future of football clubs.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Your swift and considered response would be greatly appreciated in resolving this situation amicably.

Sincerely,
That's a copy of the letter I have sent. See what happens, feel free to copy paste and amend as you wish.

I can’t believe it’s taken this long for people to realise this. I’ve said it for years. The Premier League haven’t wanted us in their league for years. The decisions that have gone against us in nearly every game have been laughable.

The same is actually happening to Wolves now. I wonder whether the Premier League know Wolves are about to break their P&S and therefore they are trying to get them gone aswell, become the championships problem, it’s all too obvious.

Absolutely.

Sincerely,
'Strongly worded letter' indeed! Direct, measured, to the point 👏

Quite incredible people are feeling sorry for Myers not speaking out on this.

The guy only regurgitates what's been said on sky sports news and by real in "the know" journalists, or uses words such as "I believe" or "my thoughts are" which ends up being wrong.

Somehow he's got a following that believe he's a top blue or something.

Won't be long until he cries off twitter again but comes back on after about 2 days.

Sincerely,
Done.

My North Wiltshire tory mp is probably, right now, asking his butler to look into what this football game is all about and report back.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back