6 + 2 Point Deductions

It's funny how they can pull the Andy Burnam interview giving Evertons side, but not the disgraceful anti Everton interview given by the Daily Mirrors smarmy Chief sports editor John Cross, who absolutely decimated Everton, with his one eyed take. Then the other presenters including Darren Lewis, the Mirrors Deputy sports editor agreed with him.
John Cross massive Arsenal fan
Darren Lewis RS

At this point, I think I'd prefer to just call it a day. Who wants to be part of this absolute sugar show. Even if we come through this and survive, we're still part of this corrupt league. With the rules in place to protect their scabby top 6, it feels like our existence is to just make up the numbers.
Its actually strange that we all think and know how corrupt the PL is and yet here we are fighting tooth and nail to stay in it.

If it was on Sky News then what's the complaint?

Not "protecting" anything, just keeping things factual. You posted the charter for a completely different channel than the one being discussed and I pointed out it wasn't relevant, that's all.

The complaint, Sky sports putting interviews on attacking Everton, care of John Cross and not putting on interviews Andy Burnham, defending Everton. Quite simple like ...don't you agree ? An unbiased, view, equal rights and balanced. Now I haven't read the Charter, but I would imagine it has some of that in it.

At this point, I think I'd prefer to just call it a day. Who wants to be part of this absolute sugar show. Even if we come through this and survive, we're still part of this corrupt league. With the rules in place to protect their scabby top 6, it feels like our existence is to just make up the numbers.
Yup, we've been shown our place in the game: fodder.

I see some "edgy" journalistic opinions are suggesting that we broke the rules, we knew we broke the rules, and therefore the PL is not corrupt. "It would be corrupt if it did not enforce its own rules." I kid you not. This fella, Ken Early, in the Irish Times published that with a straight face. He must be very confident that Man City will be banished to the Sunday League in due course. Even his fellow Irishman, Barry Glendenning, has reserved the right to change his opinion on all of this depending on what happens City. But, for such edgy lads, they are remarkably naive - or is it simply cynical - if they think City will be found in any way guilty.

And this is before we actually ask ourselves: are these PL "rules" actually fit for purpose in the first place? They most certainly are if the purpose is to retract the drawbridge.

The general feeling I sense now is most of football is snickering away about us. That's fine. Football is tribal. But if that's going to be the take, then don't start moaning about penalties in Paris and Man City winning everything forever. In the end, it's about whether a club's ownership can be regulated to ensure a fair playing pitch. Ours can. City's can't. Newcastle's can't. And right now, Liverpool, United, and Arsenal have more in common with us than they might be comfortable with. Barring what would be hugely controversial sales to middle-eastern nation states, they CAN be regulated. Let's remember this the next time one of them start blubbering about City and, hopefully, Newcastle in the years ahead. They laughed at us. Take your punishment, know your place. We now live in the age of the oil state club. That's what the people wanted...

Its actually strange that we all think and know how corrupt the PL is and yet here we are fighting tooth and nail to stay in it.
I'm actually quite sanguine about staying up. If we go, it'll be because they wanted to relegate us. A part of me thinks this will clear the cobwebs for our fans, and will ensure we demand proper stewardship of the club from now on. Kenwright and Moshiri have brought us to this. We knew they were up to their eyeballs. Too many people made excuses. Just look at the Bill RIP thread. The man was, apparently, a saint. Open your eyes, Evertonians. Let's demand better from our custodians. After all, we are now experiencing the consequences of utter mismanagement.

Is Jodie Comer up for any awards???!!!!

How about Evertons ex board members, who were extremely confident and extremely well paid and extremely well paid off, having a word about our 10 point deduction. Love to hear their views, I understand though they are incredibly busy wading through job offers from other clubs as we speak...

I'm actually quite sanguine about staying up. If we go, it'll be because they wanted to relegate us. A part of me thinks this will clear the cobwebs for our fans, and will ensure we demand proper stewardship of the club from now on. Kenwright and Moshiri have brought us to this. We knew they were up to their eyeballs. Too many people made excuses. Just look at the Bill RIP thread. The man was, apparently, a saint. Open your eyes, Evertonians. Let's demand better from our custodians. After all, we are now experiencing the consequences of utter mismanagement.

Great Post, lest we forget.

The media attention on this has long peaked. I'm sure people will keep the issue going and rightly so over the next weeks and months but it isn't a headline issue now.

In the meantime the manager and players have to focus on the matches and the club has to ensure the best possible representation at the appeal.

The framing of the mitigating arguments are as important as the arguments themselves.

In this instance it most certainly is nitpicking. Who cares if it’s Sky News or Sky Sports News? Why does that even matter?

Because as I've already said several times, you (Davek) can't post the charter of a completely different channel and then claim they've broken that charter and you're going to complain to OFCOM about it? They'll tell you the exact bloody same if you do. People are losing all sense of rationality in their outrage.

Because as I've already said several times, you (Davek) can't post the charter of a completely different channel and then claim they've broken that charter and you're going to complain to OFCOM about it? They'll tell you the exact bloody same if you do. People are losing all sense of rationality in their outrage.

Does the Sky Sports charter say anything different about remaining impartial? Would appreciate it if you could find it for us so we can check that over.

The super annoying thing to me is that 14 other clubs are basically just agreeing to anything the scab 6 want. Those 14 could make whatever decisions they want to make the league more fair and there would be absolutely nothing the other 6 could do about it. But, whats that? The 14 voted to give the top positions MORE of the money? Its the whole Turkeys voting for Thanksgiving thing

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back