6 + 2 Point Deductions

Quite incredible people are feeling sorry for Myers not speaking out on this.

The guy only regurgitates what's been said on sky sports news and by real in "the know" journalists, or uses words such as "I believe" or "my thoughts are" which ends up being wrong.

Somehow he's got a following that believe he's a top blue or something.

Won't be long until he cries off twitter again but comes back on after about 2 days.
Not sure people are feeling sorry for him Butters, but I don’t think you can deny his tweets have been vastly different the past few days ,whereby initially he was quite vocal about the deduction and supportive of Everton’s case. A definite edict from his paymasters and the PL methinks.

Because as I've already said several times, you (Davek) can't post the charter of a completely different channel and then claim they've broken that charter and you're going to complain to OFCOM about it? They'll tell you the exact bloody same if you do. People are losing all sense of rationality in their outrage.
In the UK broadcasters have been subject to the Ofcom Broadcasting Code since 31st Dec 2020, including Sky, Sky News and Sky Sports News. Section 5 of the Code requires:

'news, in whatever form, is reported with due accuracy and presented with due impartiality.

To ensure that the special impartiality requirements of the Act are complied with.' (Ofcom 2021)

Whether the Sky News charter applies only to Sky News or also encompasses Sky Sports News both need to abide by the Ofcom Code. Please, what is your point?

At this point, I think I'd prefer to just call it a day. Who wants to be part of this absolute sugar show. Even if we come through this and survive, we're still part of this corrupt league. With the rules in place to protect their scabby top 6, it feels like our existence is to just make up the numbers.
Indeed. Unfortunately due to circumstances both within and without, the club feels like a travelling circus at times. The couple of days post the Palace win was the only time I've breathed a little easier regarding Everton for well over 2 years, and then we get a massive turd dropped the next week.

I have called it a day in part, because you would have to be crazy not to in the midst of such chaos mixed in with continuous disappointment and stress. It's not good for your health.

I'd certainly prefer us to remain in The PL, as unsavoury as it now is. But, and I've said this before, we've never properly competed in it. Ever. So whether it be by relegation through fair or foul means, I can't and couldn't miss that.

It's all money and accounts and dodgy dealings now, the whole league. It's losing its grip on many of us.

Not sure people are feeling sorry for him Butters, but I don’t think you can deny his tweets have been vastly different the past few days ,whereby initially he was quite vocal about the deduction and supportive of Everton’s case. A definite edict from his paymasters and the PL methinks.
Allan who?

Had auto response from DCMS, seems like they may be busy.

keep it up lads n lasses.

UTFT
Screenshot_20231129_153835_Email.webp

I just got around to reading Martin Samuel’s piece in The Times on Sunday. Scathing.

Had another go today … and I quote:

”Congratulations, then, to Richard Masters, the Premier League chief executive, and the gang for making the best domestic football league in the world appear corrupt and worthless. It took some doing, but you pulled it off”

Its actually strange that we all think and know how corrupt the PL is and yet here we are fighting tooth and nail to stay in it.
I think its because being in the Premier League and Everton continuing to exist can't be separated from each other. If we were relatively stable financially and could take a relegation, like most club do every year I guess, I wonder if we'd be less bothered.

Are you mentally challenged or something? The impartiality guidelines linked were for SKY NEWS. Not Sky Sports, not Sky Sports News. Do you understand the difference between the three?
Pretty sure everyone here understands that there isn't any difference between the three of them. They are all part of the Sky Group which is part of Comcast and have all been completely controlled and biased since the beginning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back