6 + 2 Point Deductions

It’s a tough ask that from the FAB. Pretty much impossible to impose something on a football club that hurts it, feels like a penalty, acts as a deterrent AND doesn’t affect the fans due to the football product being worsened. All about the severity of course. A £30m fine instead would probably mean no new signings until we get to BMD, or JB is sold. So still could affect our PL survival. Transfer ban the same. Fans all put through the ringer again due to the actions of owners that the PL themselves deemed fit and proper.

Just highlights the stupidity of trying to structure FFP/P&S rules in this way in the first place.
Or , here's a novel idea , you don't sign crap players that have no resale value

Not just him. Allegedly. "Image rights", and other stuff for players paid not by Man City FC, but someone else. I am a simple man, but getting access to players and managers bank statements and comparing them to the club's published wage bill should be quite straight forward. Unless the players/managers also had offshore accounts as well.

I read that the BVI have a population of 40,000. With 800,000 registered shell/off shore companies. Good luck with that.
Lovely place Tortola especially Brewers Bay

Not a chance on this earth that if we are still in the relegation zone they will remove even 1 point if it meant us staying up.

If we are away from relegation regardless of the points deduction then they will hit us with a transfer ban next season.
So many permutations on this. Close your eyes and imagine for a moment that somehow we've climbed into mid table and if they suspended the ten point thing we'd be catapulted into top six, can you imagine the fume.
I've come round to thinking that the full punishment stands.
They never thought this one out.

For a number of reasons that isn't true. The 'independent' commission chose to arbitrarily ignore very reasonable mitigating factors and any court outside football would see that easily enough.
Suggesting innocence isnt the course of action here, we are very guilty.

But pursuing a legal case regarding damaged reputation would be similar to a murderer doing the same.

As ive said, any legal team with any sense should be able to present a better case in any appeal.

Whether the "independent" commission take any notice of it is another matter.

I worry about the appeal.

We worked with the PL because we were in a perilous position with ffp.
The PL warned us we were going to breach.
We ignored them thinking a sanction wouldn't happen to us.
We continued to buy players.
Then we claim it's all disproportionate after we admit breaching.

And now we learn it's very close to a further breach in our next accounts.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back