6 + 2 Point Deductions

Seems to me Leicester are talking about a negotiated settlement as they dont want to be responsible for putting another club into administration.
Better news is the other clubs (burnley etc) are looking at suing the PL as the PL took so long to deal with Evertons case and hand out a penalty.
If you think about City and how long their case is taking and that they are 100% guilty of something the clubs will be lining up to sue the PL. May just make them buckle, change the points deduction to a fine for Moshiri and rethink this whole silly football destroying thing!!
If Leicester or any other club pull out of their claims it's not going to be out of the goodness of their heart.

It might be they don't want to open up their own books, which they'd have to as part of the process, it might be they've been advised there's very little chance of the massive compo they were looking for, but if a 50-100m compensation was a realistic possibility they wouldn't be turning their back on it out of sympathy.

If Leicester or any other club pull out of their claims it's not going to be out of the goodness of their heart.

It might be they don't want to open up their own books, which they'd have to as part of the process, it might be they've been advised there's very little chance of the massive compo they were looking for, but if a 50-100m compensation was a realistic possibility they wouldn't be turning their back on it out of sympathy.
It’s more likely someone from the league got to them. Setting a legal precedent isn’t in anyone’s interest.

It’s more likely someone from the league got to them. Setting a legal precedent isn’t in anyone’s interest.
Yeah, plus I'm not really sure how strong the resolve from these clubs has been to actually get involved in these sort of proceedings. The clubs themselves will know that one day this could be them.

From the start it's felt a bit like they were putting out big numbers as a bit of settlement fishing, and now they're seemingly saying the quiet part out loud.

Agree, but better to go after someone who can afford it.....
Tired of all this noise, when will it end and when can we just get back to football.

Interesting.... I don't know why we'd negotiate a settlement, certainly not with three clubs. If those clubs thought they'd win compensation at the commission I highly doubt they'd want to negotiate a settlement at all....feels like a bluff to hope we cough up.

I’ve a negotiated settlement for Leeds, Leicester and Burnley!

1701468459261.webp

Back in the 80s and indeed still in most sports homegrown meant developed through a clubs academy

UEFA & indeed the PL now define it from any clubs within the “ Home Federation “ from a UEFA perspective you then have club trained to factor in.

So yes I do have a clue

Back in the 80s and indeed still in most sports homegrown meant developed through a clubs academy

UEFA & indeed the PL now define it from any clubs within the “ Home Federation “ from a UEFA perspective you then have club trained to factor in.

So yes I do have a clue
A clue about what?

But the initial question remains -- why do they want us out of the league in the first place? Because we were so vocal about the scab six?
The new stadium.

It doesn’t fit with the RS narrative. Sky is now RS TV.

Sky and the PL wants to sell a mythical idea of the working class RS taking on the monolithic Dragon of Man City.

It highlights how stupid the rules are, that a club with £1billion debt can be profitable enough to pass profit and sustainability
Debt in itself isn't bad. You can be profitable and still have debt. You don't make zero salary because you owe money on your mortgage. I agree with you that the rules are stupid though. They've killed any kind of competition. We'll never win another league title as the gap is just too big.

It's the wrong argument though. any award probably doesn't happen in FYE 2022, and EFC can't predict the outcome of a court action that would have been contested.

The better argument is that the PL unjustly suspended one of our most important players for something he was not convicted of, which either affected our league standing or made the asset unsellable.
The PL didn't suspend him, did they? I thought that we chose to do it.

Seems to me Leicester are talking about a negotiated settlement as they dont want to be responsible for putting another club into administration.
Better news is the other clubs (burnley etc) are looking at suing the PL as the PL took so long to deal with Evertons case and hand out a penalty.
If you think about City and how long their case is taking and that they are 100% guilty of something the clubs will be lining up to sue the PL. May just make them buckle, change the points deduction to a fine for Moshiri and rethink this whole silly football destroying thing!!
Anyone logically will understand that if Leicester or anyone sue Everton then legally any good lawyer would say ‘what for?’. They will say, ‘now they have been found guilty of breaking the rules it means we may of stayed up’. Any good lawyer says, ‘would you have definitely stayed up?’…..

Leicester reply ‘we would have had a chance’. Everton reply, ‘so you can prove that chance was taken away from you because Everton broke rules based over a three year period?’, Leicester, ‘well there was a chance we would have stayed up’, Everton, ‘but you need proof so where is it? You only play Everton twice over 38 games so you could argue they had an unfair advantage in those two games however you won won and the other was a draw, soooooooooo?

Leicester ‘but, but, but…..’
Everton ‘you ultimately went down because over the 38 games you where worse then Everton, the fact Everton only finished a place above you shows they had no sporting advantage’. End of story.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back