6 + 2 Point Deductions

Talking objectively, the level of uproar shouldn't really matter in this kind of situation, but because there is no PL agreed tariff it opens up the debate.

Beforehand, when we agreed our guilt, we were only aware of the possible sanctions, and by that I mean that we could receive a fine or points reduction etc.

We could look at precedents set for other punishments, but then again the club were to some extent aware that the panel had pretty much free rein.

So, they could just say the uproar is irrelevant: we've admitted guilt, we think it's this serious, and this is the fine. But that doesn't read the room.

It doesn't help them when they are setting a moral precedent, if not a legal one, because City, Chelsea and whoever else should be treated the same.

Yet by saying they haven't got a set tariff and whatnot, they could then open themselves up to not being impartial, and whether ulterior motives played a part.

With all questions raised about the process and what's at stake, I would be very surprised if it isn't reduced. But, you never know with this shower!

exactly i mean they prob didn’t think it would cause all this

They should set a fine based upon money earned by going over.

£2.5m for every place over 17th gained during the period in question and repayment of any other monies earned through competition and success. Repay European competition earnings, up.win earnings, PL win earnings in full, plus 10% back for grassroots football.

That's how you punish cheating your way to sucess.

Maybe because pleading guilty normal results in a reduced punishment.
I don't think we're guilty, guilty. We haven't just over spent. Unbelievable turns of events have happened to Everton in that 3 year period. We're building a new stadium, not to mention in the middle of a global pandemic. We've had a 20 mill pound player declared unable to play and our main sponsor USM sanctioned due to a war. How unfortunate is that? I don't want to throw names under the bus but Wolves and Forest must be close to breaching and they've had none of those things happen.

But they werent concerned about us breaking the rules, the Premier League indicated that there were no problems with Everton and FFP.

Which was correct at the time, we then went on a mad 1.
Since we brought Mcneil in our net spend each season has been positive. Where did you get mad 1 from?

OK where did we go mad then, in the last 2 season? As far as I'm aware the club have been running on a shoe string. Interested to know where.
Over the past 3 years:

Severance pay to Bentiz and his whole coaching team
Severance pay to Lampard and his whole coaching team.
Severance pay to Brands.
Severance pay/hush money to DBB, Ingles & Sharp

(All the above doesn't include the handsome salaries paid whilst all in position.)

Add to that an over-inflated wage bill for the first team playing squad that Thelwell is finally getting under some sort of control.

When you combine those outgoings with a relatively poor commercial performance, it's pretty obvious we're leaking money. The only way out is smart recruitment and player trading.

Over the past 3 years:

Severance pay to Brands.

(All the above doesn't include the handsome salaries paid whilst all in position.)

Add to that an over-inflated wage bill for the first team playing squad that Thelwell is finally getting under some sort of control.

When you combine those outgoings with a relatively poor commercial performance, it's pretty obvious we're leaking money. The only way out is smart recruitment and player trading.
This summer felt like a big step in the right direction. We generated £40m+ from sales and slashed the annual wage bill by a similar amount. The football side of the business is in pretty good health now. It’s paying for the stadium without funding thats the challenge at the moment.
If we could move on the likes of Keane, Godfrey and Gomes whilst bringing in younger/cheaper replacements, I think that would also remove the need for a big sale like we were forced into with Richarlison.

Over the past 3 years:

Severance pay to Brands.

Having the rules changed on Stadium interests during that period was a real kick in the balls too, for all their talk of sustainability that is the one thing that stands out to me as confirmation that ffp has ulterior motives written into it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back