6 + 2 Point Deductions

Somewhere from around 32.15 mins onwards

Thanks, he doesnt say we will make a profit, he says hes been told we are PSR complaint, which just means we wont fail FFP.

Which is great news, but I still think The Premier League will ask for our accounts in a week.

Maybe. I doubt it though. Not convinced our wage bill is particuarly massive for this squad, tbh.
Our income has taken a battering mate.

So whilst we have certainly done a decent job of getting the wage bill down, all that good work is cancelled out by loan repayments and reduced income from the loss of the USM gravy train, plus some fairly terrible prize money due to finishing in the basement.

Our income has taken a battering mate.

So whilst we have certainly done a decent job of getting the wage bill down, all that good work is cancelled out by loan repayments and reduced income from the loss of the USM gravy train, plus some fairly terrible prize money due to finishing in the basement.

Maybe. Even if I had all the relevant data, i wouldn't be arsed doing the maths.

It is true though that some losses can be offset against the stadium. Add that to making a profit in the transfer market and I'm not massively worried, but acknowledge that I don't really have a clue what the books might reveal.

Maybe. Even if I had all the relevant data, i wouldn't be arsed doing the maths.

It is true though that some losses can be offset against the stadium. Add that to making a profit in the transfer market and I'm not massively worried, but acknowledge that I don't really have a clue what the books might reveal.
Its beyond impossible to guess, we just need to wait for the accounts.

The club has till April I think to release them, so it could be a long wait.

When is latest we get our appeal verdict? Is it Feb?
Supposedly it was said a little bit of time ago, that any decision has to be made within 3months (and off course before the season ends), non sure if thats from the date we put appeal in, or the date the panel start their thing, or the date we got the verdict for the deduction - i expect March at latest myself

Could we look at this a different way.

imagine it’s not us the Premiership league have an issue with, but they are actually using us as a tool to go lightly on the big boys.

So we get a ten point deduction, everyone is up in arms, we appeal and the FA or whoever say “you know what, little old Everton, we were a bit harsh have your points back and you are fined a million pounds and a two window transfer embargo”.

They then look at City amongst others and say, no points deduction but a 5 million pound fine and a four window embargo, that would give City two windows prior to their case being heard to enable them to buy for the transfer embargo’s?

Just a thought.

imagine it’s not us the Premiership league have an issue with, but they are actually using us as a tool to go lightly on the big boys.

So we get a ten point deduction, everyone is up in arms, we appeal and the FA or whoever say “you know what, little old Everton, we were a bit harsh have your points back and you are fined a million pounds and a two window transfer embargo”.

They then look at City amongst others and say, no points deduction but a 5 million pound fine and a four window embargo, that would give City two windows prior to their case being heard to enable them to buy for the transfer embargo’s?

Just a thought.

The charges on both City and Chelsea are very different to ours, so there will be no precedent set by us anyway.

Just a thought.
I liked the "have your points back" part!!

Football needs a reset.. money has ruined it.. very few of the lads I used to watch football with back in the 90s watch it anymore, there's now a total disconnect from the fans.

100% this.
It was very instructive that neither Arsenal nor the RS didn’t immediately distance themselves from A22 when they announced that their Super League was going ahead after the recent European court ruling. They could smell money (plus they are Yankee owned of course so closed shops appeal)

I used to go in late 70s & early 80s when at the start of a season any Div 1 club could win - Forest were promoted and won immediately, Ipswich were a team to be feared - but now you can predict the top 6 teams before a ball is kicked
And players on wages per week most of us wouldn’t see in 5 years of work

Won’t happen but a reset is what’s badly needed

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back