6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don`t get that we could be over....

Recent charges and the 10 point deduction came on the back of a 4 year period, they averaged the 2 COVID years, they were as follows:-

18/19 Loss £111.8m
19/20 Loss £139.9m
20/21 Loss £120.9m
21/22 Loss £44.7m

Total losses were £417m yet we were only £20m in breach, in the latest calculation the £111.8m loss drops out. Obviously nobody knows the size of the losses to June 23 but with player sales and wage reduction I would expect it to be more like YE22 accounts.

Who knows, I guess we wait until tomorrow...

I don`t get that we could be over....

Recent charges and the 10 point deduction came on the back of a 4 tear period, they averaged the 2 COVID years, they were as follows:-

18/19 Loss £111.8m
19/20 Loss £139.9m
20/21 Loss £120.9m
21/22 Loss £44.7m

Total losses were £417m yet we were only £20m in breach, in the latest calculation the £111.8m loss drops out. Obviously nobody knows the size of the losses to June 23 but with player sales and wage reduction I would expect it to be more like YE22 accounts.

Who knows, I guess we wait until tomorrow...
This is what baffles me. 18/19 drops off. If 22/23 even matches 21/22 that's like a 65m improvement (before relevant deductions), I don't know how we've messed up so much that it's even close.

This is what baffles me. 18/19 drops off. If 22/23 even matches 21/22 that's like a 65m improvement (before relevant deductions), I don't know how we've messed up so much that it's even close.
That will be why until a couple of hours ago most were mentioning us for clickbait, but Forest were the dead certs.

On the face of it, we should have been fine.

By the time the commission made the final call on the previous assessment period, 22/23 was already closed. So any misinterpretations or rejected mitigations were already baked in. Club will have immediately known they’d just been found guilty for the next assessment period too.

It must be interest costs, which is ultimately a function of the stadium sucking cash, and also previous mistakes. Definitely gives no sporting advantage in the current season.

That will be our argument for any new charge; we may have breached but there can’t possibly be any sporting advantage when we have deliberately and visibly depleted our squad. We were penalised last time because whilst it was classed as not deliberate, they still implied advantage. We do need to show ever decreasing losses as evidence of trying to comply. Whilst it’s a repeat offence, any punishment should be lessened if we are heading in the right direction. 🙏 that we are.

During 22/23 we made a £25m profit on players trading, depending on what year Richy was sold in plus look at the wages we managed to shed...

1705275206307.png

They can't explain it which is why they only allow one appeal held by the same pool of people who decided the punishment in the first thing the whole system is nonsensical, hopefully this super QC we have hired can do his stuff and get back the points back.

Honestly those running the club on massive wages have cocked everything up it's on them and left us the supporters to pick the piece's up.corrupt premier league rubbing their hands.

The entire point of the rule is to safeguard a club so it doesn’t overspend and risk financial ruin or administration.

And the punishment for breaking the rule is to shove a club into financial ruin and administration.

It’s absolutely bonkers.

Mate, we had a centre half booked today for not fouling a player, don't search for sense where it doesn't exist.