6 + 2 Point Deductions

What culpability do Everton's auditors and the premier league have in signing off accounts that are now being flagged as a breach of rules? Or were the premier league only overseeing our transfer spending in when we were working with them?
The fact that in recent years we have had to work with the PL and had them oversee pretty much everything we have done from a finance pov and they have still done us, id think any lawyer worth their salt is at least going to pass comment on how that's a bit of a pointless exercise from a club perspective, whether that's us or anyone else as the PL were always going to do us anyway.

I'm still waiting for DBB to update us on the "two incoming partners" for the stadium that were meant to be confirmed a few weeks a go.

We’ve been run by clowns for years and it’s all coming home to roost. The business has been run into the ground and I’m convinced we won’t get any points back by appeal. The latest charge might be a hefty fine, I can see only one outcome for a business model as flawed as ours…administration!

That's the thing that's always got me. forget all the technical details, anybody with common sense knows that without us spending all the money we have on the stadium, then we don't make the losses we have.
This is exactly why the idea of a sporting advantage, at least to me, is a total nonsense.

I'm still baffled how a huge points deduction is deemed appropriate for what to me is not even a sporting issue. It's totally illogical.

Would the shareholders be able to take legal action against the majority shareholder and the Board he appointed for total lack of fiduciary duties? Albeit one is deceased, they all got scandalous pay-offs which presumably are part of the over-budget costs?

Will the media (like Das Spiegal), or an individual investigative journalist earn their spurs by looking into the questionable activities of Richard Masters and his cohorts?

Will the Club question why David Ornstein seemingly knew that two Clubs were in breach before they themselves knew?

Yeah we obviously didn’t win every game we should’ve but we also weren’t expected to beat Newcastle and Chelsea and away wins at Brentford and West Ham so ok maybe we didn’t overachieve but got par after a terrible start where we had no striker for the first games
I did state that in my post ,if you read it properly- there are some teams higher than what they should be eg Manchester United .....

Last edited:
Forgive me if I missed this, but have we actually seen the most recent year's numbers yet?

Because it seems to me like those will determine who exactly we're supposed to be the angriest at and how bad our situation really is:

1) If the numbers aren't that bad then we really are just getting punished a second time for a previous year's losses, in which case it's all just the league's fault for stupid rules. If it's this, any legal team worth its salt should have a field day with the appeal and second charge.

or

2) Have we really gone and done something else stupid after having already been punished once?

I've been operating all day under the assumption that it's #1 (which is what the club themselves have suggested in their statement and how it appeared on its face), but reading the recent posts on here about the interest payments, etc., now I'm not so sure. If it's #2, we really are up the proverbial creek, and it will have been the club's management who will yet again be responsible to a large degree, surely.

We didn’t … that’s the point.

We got lucky with covid tbh because there is no way that covid effected our income more than literally every other club in the world

The fact that we were losing 120m a season , which on its own is still more than the 3 year limit is shocking.

More shocking that mash continued to let the club run that way and done nothing to fix it , is the sole reason we are in Depp crap now .

It’s harsh on us the fans but as a club we are completely deserving of a deduction and a second one if necessary .

I hate it but it’s what the “ club” deserves for being so poorly run
Can you explain how we are completely deserving of a deduction for a single breach of the rules?

We got lucky with covid tbh because there is no way that covid effected our income more than literally every other club in the world

The fact that we were losing 120m a season , which on its own is still more than the 3 year limit is shocking.

More shocking that mash continued to let the club run that way and done nothing to fix it , is the sole reason we are in Depp crap now .

It’s harsh on us the fans but as a club we are completely deserving of a deduction and a second one if necessary .

Of course. But they were allowed. The club wasn't dragged over hot coals for the COVID losses, spending £45mill on the Babysitter, and being awful in the transfer window....

It was pulled up for how the board/owner decided to fund and build a stadium.

don’t agree here. the people who ran us that time aren’t here except for mosh pretty much

so it’s ok the people who have jobs at the club who depend on it to pay bills etc
deserve it

and us fans deserve it

but hey ho lad

Forgive me if I missed this, but have we actually seen the most recent year's numbers yet?

Because it seems to me like those will determine who exactly we're supposed to be the angriest at and how bad our situation really is:

1) If the numbers aren't that bad then we really are just getting punished a second time for a previous year's losses, in which case it's all just the league's fault for stupid rules. If it's this, any legal team worth its salt should have a field day with the appeal and second charge.

or

2) Have we really gone and done something else stupid after having already been punished once?

I've been operating all day under the assumption that it's #1 (which is what the club themselves have suggested in their statement and how it appeared on its face), but reading the recent posts on here about the interest payments, etc., now I'm not so sure. If it's #2, we really are up the creek, and it will have been the club's management who will yet again be responsible to a large degree, surely.

Honestly think it's point 1.

We'll be over by £1.50.

It is Blue Monday today! Premier league trying to make sure if us Evertonians wernt depressed before we sure as hell will be now.
Just need to keep on fighting.
Where’s Rocky when we need him😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back