6 + 2 Point Deductions

If anyone needed proof that the Premier League is corrupt as F, and basically turning into the WWE, here it is.

To me at least, VAR is very obviously an attempt to sway games in the direction of good storylines.

This unjust and unprecedented punishment is another example of this garbage.

We'll stay up but with this sort of tripe what's the point in even competing?

1700233890539.png

I mean that would apply just as much to City and Chelsea - possibly more as the sporting advantage is clearer with them. I can't see how us staying up by the skin of our teeth is relevant when their deductions by the same formula would have seen them relegated too.

The fallout of this is going to go on for years.
Agree... and that is why there is now huge pressure on the Prem to deal with both those clubs. I also think Bournemouth and Villa are going to have a bit of fun in all of this.

Leicester apparently "considering their options" with regard to legal.action against Everton.

As the team that came 3 Rd from bottom in the relevant season they would appear to be the only claimant who could bring an action .

Southampton and Leeds said to " reviewing". Not sure what they are reviewing as even if Everton had been sanctioned in the relevant season they would have gone down anyway.
Leicester was last season. The charge relates to season before. So it’s only Burnley who were really impacted. Leeds could make a compensation claim for being a place lower than they should have been I guess.

Obviously the sanction cannot be applied in the relevant period.

This is however important in legal terms in determining who ( if anyone) can bring a legal action against Everton.

Should it be in the period that the breach took place 21-22 season in which case it would be Burnley or the season we were charged 22-23 where it would be Leicester?

We'll have the whiff of desperation about us in every game now.

That's not conduce to playing football.

We'll go dow fr sure. The only saving grace is that we'll be able to say we were't relegated by anyone other than the PL and it's politics.
Did we have the whiff of desperation after five games when we were on one point, or as this table below puts it now, -9 points?

IMG_1669.png