6 + 2 Point Deductions

This club really is in massive and catastrophic decline.... Look at the teams all going by us. It will take years to make this ground back, I don`t think we will be free of any punishments from the Premier League for at least the rest of this season and beyond, they get another go at us next season!

The decline will only take us one way, losing players at the end of the season and unable to buy, vultures circling our best talent. No owners to make any decisions and no one willing to put cash in which is badly badly needed. Threadbare squad where 1 or 2 injuries has us struggling to fill the bench...

When will it ever end?

1706226675714.png

This club really is in massive and catastrophic decline.... Look at the teams all going by us. It will take years to make this ground back, I don`t think we will be free of any punishments from the Premier League for at least the rest of this season and beyond, they get another go at us next season!

The decline will only take us one way, losing players at the end of the season and unable to buy, vultures circling our best talent. No owners to make any decisions and no one willing to put cash in which is badly badly needed. Threadbare squad where 1 or 2 injuries has us struggling to fill the bench...

When will it ever end?

View attachment 243483
Not yet, thats for sure, this isnt even the bottom.

We still have that to come.

When will it ever end?

View attachment 243483
Thought the club pass with the new rules? Is all about us getting in the new stadium and get money into the club

We stayed up on 36 last year, to match that IF we get a 20 point deduction (assuming 36 would keep us up, which it should considering the quality difference between the bottom 3 of this year and last year) means we need a 56 point season.

We've earned 27 points so far so in that scenario we'd need to get 29 more from a possible 51. If we assume the promoted teams won't clear 30 points, then we need around 24 more points. 8 wins from 17 games, or any combination including draws If we do that, and the promoted lot finish on 30 or less then we'll be safe even if we finish the season waiting on an appeal judgement.

to follow that up
18 points from the last 17 last season

20 points from the last 17 the season before

It'll be tight, but it is doable especially if its only in the 20-24 region we end up needing. especially as we're better this year. The return games against Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United (and potentially Forest) are HUGE

Genuine 6 pointers they are.

Might not need as many wins if we can win the right ones.

Forest in there too.

The run of Forrest, Brentford, Luton then sheff utd is going to define our season.

Trouble is I can’t see us winning 4 on the spin …. Need to beat Forrest and Luton and make sure we go undefeated against the other two.

Going to be a very nervous 4 week period before the Arsenal game

To be fair, theres not much dispute that we wasted vast sums of money on some very bad players.

They were bad but not BAD… someone would have bought them, IF we didn’t hand out stupid contracts .

Thats what has done us.

Don’t get me wrong bolasie and co are not good enough but someone probably would have taken them off our hands , but nobody wanted to match the wages and the players didn’t want to give them up, which is understandable from their point of view .

Even garbutt was on 27k a week for 5 years ffs.

Holgate is on 70k

I’ve said it before but only man utd can be compared to us with how bad our recruitment has been

When will it ever end?

View attachment 243483

We do have options , very limited ones granted.

I wouldn’t want to but we could sell Pickford for 30-40m and get an ok keeper for a fraction of that.

Onanna 50-60m and we could sign a cheaper cm that contributes the same but without much future potential, branthwaite is 100% profit and I would expect him to fetch 50m and we could sign another tarks etc DCL would fetch 20m and we could gamble on Beto and chamiti.

That would raise over 100m and hopefully give us enough to stay up next year and get out from under PSR.

Then with new owners and a new stadium I would hope we could start rebuilding by being smart with our recruitment and buying James garner types .

They were bad but not BAD… someone would have bought them, IF we didn’t hand out stupid contracts .

Thats what has done us.

Don’t get me wrong bolasie and co are not good enough but someone probably would have taken them off our hands , but nobody wanted to match the wages and the players didn’t want to give them up, which is understandable from their point of view .

Even garbutt was on 27k a week for 5 years ffs.

Holgate is on 70k

I’ve said it before but only man utd can be compared to us with how bad our recruitment has been
Well made points.

A combination of the above and a lazy disdain for growing revenue has left us horribly exposed.

I will be cheering on the lads tomorrow and hoping we win.

While I appreciate the arguments around us not needing extra games because of our league situation... winning begets winning.

I am in awe of these players of ours. And our manager.

Most teams would have simply folded after a 10 points deduction, but we have gone from strength to strength. Even when we lose you know the lads have put in a hell of a shift.

We WILL stay up.

UTFT
It will be one of THE great achievements in football history if we can stay up in spite of all that the Premier League has thrown at us.

And I actually think we will. Especially if Forest are also docked 10 points. We have stay up, frankly. Or we become another Bury.

I see Carragher has piped up with his usual “blame morishi” distraction.

He is absolutely culpable in the PL cover up on this and part of their media machine through Sky. The club shouldn’t entertain this whopper and it’s a disgrace we have him either in the studio or on commentary during our games especially as he thinks he’s some RS special reporter on all things Everton. Don’t give a toss he claims he supported us as a boy, he’s a RS and as bad as all of them at the cartel.

Blaming owners and board members who have left does nothing and doesn’t change the fact the club remains to be in a mess that we the fans have to deal with, yes mosh is still here but he checked out long ago.

Why is it fine for Chelsea to get away with blaming “sins of the past” and “don’t punish the fans” yet we should take all punishment that we get?

The guy is an absolute fraud and along with Neville and the rest of them, part of the whole problem with football
He's a red.