6 + 2 Point Deductions

I think in cold, logical terms you're right.

But this is about politics, not logic.

If it's 10 back, Masters will have to go. It would be great news for us, but the Premier League would appear doubly farcical.

They won't want that to happen.

Masters is a dead man walking regardless. Multiple clubs have expressed a vote of no confidence in him. The whole league season has been brought into disrepute by this, there’s no coming back from it. He can’t save his job whatever the outcome of this appeal is.

Masters is a dead man walking regardless. Multiple clubs have expressed a vote of no confidence in him. The whole league season has been brought into disrepute by this, there’s no coming back from it. He can’t save his job whatever the outcome of this appeal is.
I've actually had job interviews where I've come a close second despite going full Ben Swain on Paxman in The Thick of It.

This man came fourth..... though I guess it helps being shoehorned in by the red cartel. Richard Scudamore always came across as a slimy git tbh, but he's Solomon the Wise compared to this fupping clown.

Let's hope so. Because he makes a handy scapegoat to chuck our prosecution out with.

Let's hope so. Because he makes a handy scapegoat to chuck our prosecution out with.
That's a thought. When does it get to the point where the appeals board going in Everton's favour makes them look better?

They might be threatened and cajoled by Masters et al, but they have this opportunity to distance themselves from this corruption and be seen as a force for good.

Masters: "Uphold the -10 or I'll mucking ruin you!"
Panel: "Says the man who has the DCMS on his ass and will probably be gone within 2 months... we're not the ones under the microscope mate."

It's a rat's nest, and when they have a taste for flesh, they begin to eat each other.