6 + 2 Point Deductions

Masters has been in interim charge of the League for the last 18 months, and follows the failed appointments of Susanna Dinnage, Tim Davie and David Pemsel who all turned down the job after agreeing to take it due to various personal reasons.

He was 4th choice.

He was 4th choice DESPITE actually doing the role to fill in for Scudamore leaving. If the person filling in becomes 4th choice, you know they aren't well thought of. I doubt it is of little consequence though that the others disappeared from.the running after meeting with owners from United and Liverpool.

He was 4th choice DESPITE actually doing the role to fill in for Scudamore leaving. If the person filling in becomes 4th choice, you know they aren't well thought of. I doubt it is of little consequence though that the others disappeared from.the running after meeting with owners from United and Liverpool.
Well, all 3 disappeared for different reasons.

I doubt it had anything to do with United and Liverpool, personally.

Thats taking nothing away from the fact that they really did try to give anybody but Masters the job.

Masters has been in interim charge of the League for the last 18 months, and follows the failed appointments of Susanna Dinnage, Tim Davie and David Pemsel who all turned down the job after agreeing to take it due to various personal reasons.

He was 4th choice.
But that wasn't what I asked?

I highlighted this part 'Only two clubs were allowed to have an input into hiring process. The rags and your lovely red neighbours.'.

But that wasn't what I asked?

I highlighted this part 'Only two clubs were allowed to have an input into hiring process. The rags and your lovely red neighbours.'.

Which is what happened. At least one of the candidates was introduced to Werner and Woodward. He was subsequently ruled out of the role.

It was a 6 point automatic docking and then 1 point for each £5m overspend up to a maximum of 12 points
Is that officially how it's calculated? I haven't seen a source for it.

Regardless, we don't know what charge or charges have been made against Forest, nor our second charge.

Thanks for posting that mate - hadn't previously read that.

Biggest takeaway for me is Masters coming in on a ticket that the PL should be 'a force for social good'.

Where is the 'social good' in using financial technicalities to impose unscripted but game-changing sanctions on football clubs, that can destroy the social focus of whole communities of fans??

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the points returned and any impending charges and ongoing investigations across the league to be at least suspended until a new system is agreed upon. Aren't new rules already planned? The initial decision was ludicrous in that the breach was relatively small and the panel explicitly stated that no footballing advantage was sought. It would make sense for the appeal to go not only after the specifics of the case but against the legitimacy of the process and how it could reach such a conclusion. The precedent it has set for other clubs committing more serious offenses with obvious attempts to gain a competitive edge would likely see the PL facing pressure from very wealthy and powerful stakeholders, such as Manchester City's owners. The league may be making the most of this time to get its ducks in a row and put together a message about how this case helped bring clarity to issues that they're eager to resolve.

Or not. I'm just bored and hadn't said anything in this thread.
Sorry to disagree but I very much doubt that unless the appeal amends the sanction that any points will be returned or indeed the two charges ( which will probably be the last ones under the current rules ) won’t go through the current process.

Whilst I understand and agree with your view about the £19.5 million sum in the overall scheme of things not being that great the IC took the view that it was indeed that’s what they stats and interestingly consider the target to be nil meaning the sum exceeded was £124.5 million .

In terms of sporting advantage sorry on this one the IC don’t state there wasn’t any sporting advantage they state three things one that such sporting advantage can’t be quantified. Which yes in isolation could be read to mean there wasn’t any but elsewhere in the written reasons they state to exceed the £105 million limit by inference gives a sporting advantage over those clubs who have managed their finances “ more responsibly “
The third mention talks about such sporting advantage becoming an aggravating factor if such an overspend was cynical but the IC concluded that if that to treat it in such a way would in effect be double counting

I have said from day one this shouldn’t have been subject to a points deduction and still feel that is right but if you read the written reasons in detail it seems probable that :

1) Had Everton had admitted the charge from day one 2) Not advanced some bound to be discounted sums such as the claim re stadium interest 3) Filed expert witness re the transfer market that didn’t get amended during the commission put the relevance and validity of evidence into disrepute and to be honest seems that it was inherently full of flaws

Then it’s possible, no probable that the points deduction would have been reduced on mitigation.

There really are some monumental dullards on this thread. I trust if they are proved to have been chatting absolute codswallop and that they weren’t the great legal minds they profess to be then they will have the dignity and self awareness to admit they were wrong and confess that they are indeed just a trolley collector down the local Asda who has a penchant for playing with the calculator app on their smartphone. Go and have a look out of a window for a bit.

There really are some monumental dullards on this thread. I trust if they are proved to have been chatting absolute codswallop and that they weren’t the great legal minds they profess to be then they will have the dignity and self awareness to admit they were wrong and confess that they are indeed just a trolley collector down the local Asda. Go and have a look out of a window for a bit.
Morning 😉🤣