6 + 2 Point Deductions

I've been a critic of Everton and some of the defences but I will say this.

It is fair to Everton, Nottingham Forest, maybe Leicester and perhaps Wolves given how many they sold to not keep the current system until 2024-25 if not 2025-26 IMO and let the chips fall where they may.

That is to say the 3 rolling years form laat season to next, a final assessment in Janaury 2026 or this year to 2025-26 and a final Assessment in January 2027.

While simultaneously introducing the new UEFA led rules once this cycle has been exhausted. To change it midstream seems mad and rather unfair. Illogical.

I would also add, people rightly focus on the big clubs in respect of who it might save but...

Aston Villa. Lead a very charmed life or have in the last few years. Richard Masters as per one site is an Aston Villa fan.

Their starting point for 3 g3ar FFP swings from +£25m perhaps, breakevenish Pre Tax plus FFP costs to £90-95m ie a Pre Tax Loss of-£120m less £25-30m in FFP Allowables.

How convenient if they seek to change the Rules or punishments going into 2024-25. A bit of a challenge to comply to this but surely a larger one in the period ending 2024-25!

Why 17 clubs would vote for it is rather strange given it probably isn't in their direct interest to do so. 14 needed to make a change. I can think of more than 6 who should quite like the current system.

(Fulham seem to have lost -£154m to last h3s4 in the relevant Period vs a limit of -£72m, Bournemouth -£104m once you strip out Exceptional debt Writeoff).

Nottingham Forest Promotion Bonuses not excluded, what happens if you do likewise for Bournemouth and Fulham? Fail?
Who cares what you think.

It's not about that - it's about the PL protecting the image of the big teams who break the rules the most, and their own alongside it.

Let's face it, City won't get points deducted, neither will Chelsea, neither will Newcastle/the RS/Utd, as that's where the money comes from, why would they harm them when there's 15 other easy targets? By the time it comes to look at their 1959129519295 breaches - it'd be 1m per breach and they'll just pay it instantly and life will go on.

Think before we had our first hearing the consensus was that they wouldn't dish out points deductions because it would hurt their brand.

Well...they did and it has. Now they're scrambling to change it because clubs are complaining.

The sad part is we ended up being the scapegoats and all this will be forgotten about in 2 years time....unless we're relegated

Think before we had our first hearing the consensus was that they wouldn't dish out points deductions because it would hurt their brand.

Well...they did and it has. Now they're scrambling to change it because clubs are complaining.

The sad part is we ended up being the scapegoats and all this will be forgotten about in 2 years time....unless we're relegated
Well everyone of us thought it's stupid, other fans thought it's stupid and realistically unfair (or at least on the scale of 10 points, which are usually for going into admin???) and we're being made an example of just for the sake of it, but this new development of "uh, maybe we'll just do a money penalty to be honest" just solidifies this theory honestly. Like they can deal with us and beat around the bush, but Untied? The RS? Chelsea? City? Nah, they'll go to high heavens with complaints and will drag it on for ages, which they also can't afford as they were quick to dish it out to us so it will seem even less fair.

Now it's down to even more random actions by random people it feels.

And it will be forgotten regardless of our Prem status - it didn't happen to a top 6 team, so no one will be arsed to even mention it as soon as next year.

If we are £90M over the threshold and still losing money I can’t see us getting back in-line for the next set of accounts but you never know.

Well everyone of us thought it's stupid, other fans thought it's stupid and realistically unfair (or at least on the scale of 10 points, which are usually for going into admin???) and we're being made an example of just for the sake of it, but this new development of "uh, maybe we'll just do a money penalty to be honest" just solidifies this theory honestly. Like they can deal with us and beat around the bush, but Untied? The RS? Chelsea? City? Nah, they'll go to high heavens with complaints and will drag it on for ages, which they also can't afford as they were quick to dish it out to us so it will seem even less fair.

Now it's down to even more random actions by random people it feels.

And it will be forgotten regardless of our Prem status - it didn't happen to a top 6 team, so no one will be arsed to even mention it as soon as next year.

That financial penalty we requested and they said wouldn't effect our "wealthy owner"? Now they think it's a viable option?

Definitely

If we are £90M over the threshold and still losing money I can’t see us getting back in-line for the next set of accounts but you never know.

It won't unless the stadium build stops.

We sell Branthwaite for £50+mill or so and cut the wage bill again and buy no one else, we may look better

It won't unless the stadium build stops.

We sell Branthwaite for £50+mill or so and cut the wage bill again and buy no one else, we may look better
There's a few big wages set to drop off the wage bill this summer. Gomes and Alli probably the biggest of those but also Harrison, Danjouma, Gana, Young, Coleman and Lonergan. Not sure how many will get offered another contract. Maybe Gana and Coleman.

It is fair to Everton, Nottingham Forest, maybe Leicester and perhaps Wolves given how many they sold to not keep the current system until 2024-25 if not 2025-26 IMO and let the chips fall where they may.

That is to say the 3 rolling years form laat season to next, a final assessment in Janaury 2026 or this year to 2025-26 and a final Assessment in January 2027.

While simultaneously introducing the new UEFA led rules once this cycle has been exhausted. To change it midstream seems mad and rather unfair. Illogical.

I would also add, people rightly focus on the big clubs in respect of who it might save but...

Aston Villa. Lead a very charmed life or have in the last few years. Richard Masters as per one site is an Aston Villa fan.

Their starting point for 3 g3ar FFP swings from +£25m perhaps, breakevenish Pre Tax plus FFP costs to £90-95m ie a Pre Tax Loss of-£120m less £25-30m in FFP Allowables.

How convenient if they seek to change the Rules or punishments going into 2024-25. A bit of a challenge to comply to this but surely a larger one in the period ending 2024-25!

Why 17 clubs would vote for it is rather strange given it probably isn't in their direct interest to do so. 14 needed to make a change. I can think of more than 6 who should quite like the current system.

(Fulham seem to have lost -£154m to last h3s4 in the relevant Period vs a limit of -£72m, Bournemouth -£104m once you strip out Exceptional debt Writeoff).

Nottingham Forest Promotion Bonuses not excluded, what happens if you do likewise for Bournemouth and Fulham? Fail?

fbXiMzihSBQoyPGOHQZv3QWEPViK2K2bVqtymFumnxM.jpg

It's cute when fans of teams that have never even seen the premier league pipe up on here.

It's like, hello down there in munchkin land you knuckle dragging peasant

There's a few big wages set to drop off the wage bill this summer. Gomes and Alli probably the biggest of those but also Harrison, Danjouma, Gana, Young, Coleman and Lonergan. Not sure how many will get offered another contract. Maybe Gana and Coleman.

There’s absolutely no way we should even be entertaining extending Coleman’s contract. Fella was on his last legs 3 years ago.