6 + 2 Point Deductions

I am not normally one into the conspiracy side but we have become a big inconvenience to the PL to the point where they would probably like to pass us onto to the EFL to deal with future PSR issues and the fallout from the ownership debacle. 6 points probably finishes us off and they could probably get a way with it because it is in line with the previous penalty. Personally I think it will be 4 points so in line with Forest. In the last few days I have started to get this feeling that 3 points might be the number although I did hear previously that the number would typically be even. I guess we will know tomorrow
Could be odd or could be even number.

Bookmark this post.

In my view, the EFL application of PSR rules seems to be used as precedent in the absence of any real precedent within the Premier League. The first IC were referencing Sheffield Wednesday etc.

People are saying that the EFL have things in place to prevent ‘double jeopardy’, so it would be good if similar rules were applied to us this time around.

However, we aren’t just experiencing double jeopardy, we are potentially experiencing double jeopardy within the same season! Which would be ridiculously punitive, and something that the PL should try to avoid if they have any sense.

I’m hoping for a 2 point deduction, which would make the leniency shown for Forest’s breach a lot fairer to Everton. It would make the typical punishment for a breach to be 4 points, with Everton being given two in one season.

If they want to present themselves as being equal handed, it should be a 2 point deduction!

In my view, the EFL application of PSR rules seems to be used as precedent in the absence of any real precedent within the Premier League. The first IC were referencing Sheffield Wednesday etc.

People are saying that the EFL have things in place to prevent ‘double jeopardy’, so it would be good if similar rules were applied to us this time around.

However, we aren’t just experiencing double jeopardy, we are potentially experiencing double jeopardy within the same season! Which would be ridiculously punitive, and something that the PL should try to avoid if they have any sense.

I’m hoping for a 2 point deduction, which would make the leniency shown for Forest’s breach a lot fairer to Everton. It would make the typical punishment for a breach to be 4 points, with Everton being given two in one season.

If they want to present themselves as being equal handed, it should be a 2 point deduction!
No, if they want to be fair then it should be no deduction. You quote Forest and hope for a 2 point deduction that would mean we have 8 points and they have 4 but their 4 was based on a 35M loss and our 6 was for 19.5M for god's sake.

It just goes to show how scandalous the original 10 points was and when you think Masters wanted 12 for a breach of less than 20M it is disgraceful.

No, if they want to be fair then it should be no deduction. You quote Forest and hope for a 2 point deduction that would mean we have 8 points and they have 4 but their 4 was based on a 35M loss and our 6 was for 19.5M for god's sake.

It just goes to show how scandalous the original 10 points was and when you think Masters wanted 12 for a breach of less than 20M it is disgraceful.

I don’t disagree, but the rest of the Premier League wouldn’t consider it fair if Everton received no points deduction for a second breach.

I think two points is the best we can hope for, and it would get the PL out of any allegations of failing to apply points deductions fairly across clubs found guilty of PSR beaches.

It would also kind of set a precedent of 4 points for deductions, something that will be far more palatable to numerous clubs that may potentially be found guilty in the future.

My understanding is that despite the forthcoming rule changes, there will be yet another round of punishments during next season, as they will still be enforcing the rules applicable to this season.

If the PL has any sense, they will want to bring a bit of order to their hitherto disorderly proceedings, and reduce the amount of flack that they receive whenever they issue punishments. A standard 4 point deduction would come close to achieving that imo.

I’m braced for another 6.

Given the overlapping periods, and Forest’s lenient penalty, it should really only be 2 but I just don’t see that happening.

We’ll get 6 and appeal it. Who goes down will be decided far, far away from any football pitch.

I don’t disagree, but the rest of the Premier League wouldn’t consider it fair if Everton received no points deduction for a second breach.

I think two points is the best we can hope for, and it would get the PL out of any allegations of failing to apply points deductions fairly across clubs found guilty of PSR beaches.

It would also kind of set a precedent of 4 points for deductions, something that will be far more palatable to numerous clubs that may potentially be found guilty in the future.

My understanding is that despite the forthcoming rule changes, there will be yet another round of punishments during next season, as they will still be enforcing the rules applicable to this season.

If the PL has any sense, they will want to bring a bit of order to their hitherto disorderly proceedings, and reduce the amount of flack that they receive whenever they issue punishments. A standard 4 point deduction would come close to achieving that imo.
I couldn't care less what the rest of the premier league thinks is fair and I sure as hell know the original decision was grossly unfair and unjust.

Even ignoring the double jeopardy element the vigour and hastiness they have displayed in going after us twice in just over a year is outrageous when compared to other clubs including one who has admitted breaking the rules 18 months ago.

We were charged in March last year and they wanted to bring it forward before the end of the season. They then had the temerity to change the rules after we were charged and before the hearing in October. How can you seriously suggest further points deducted would get them "out of any allegations of failing to apply points deductions fairly across clubs ", when it is abundantly clear they have treated us differently and singled us out. Where is the fairness there?

I couldn't care less what the rest of the premier league thinks is fair and I sure as hell know the original decision was grossly unfair and unjust.

Even ignoring the double jeopardy element the vigour and hastiness they have displayed in going after us twice in just over a year is outrageous when compared to other clubs including one who has admitted breaking the rules 18 months ago.

We were charged in March last year and they wanted to bring it forward before the end of the season. They then had the temerity to change the rules after we were charged and before the hearing in October. How can you seriously suggest further points deducted would get them "out of any allegations of failing to apply points deductions fairly across clubs ", when it is abundantly clear they have treated us differently and singled us out. Where is the fairness there?

I don’t disagree with your arguments about fairness, and there has clearly been disparity in the application of punitive sanctions, which I think need to be corrected by the PL.

But the prospect of a zero points deduction sounds fanciful imo, unless our second breach is relatively minor and the PL suddenly become understanding and sympathetic to our plight, which hasn’t been the case thus far.

I’m all for zero point deductions, I just don’t think they are likely.

I’m braced for another 6.

Given the overlapping periods, and Forest’s lenient penalty, it should really only be 2 but I just don’t see that happening.

We’ll get 6 and appeal it. Who goes down will be decided far, far away from any football pitch.
Brace yourself Rodney.

I don’t disagree with your arguments about fairness, and there has clearly been disparity in the application of punitive sanctions, which I think need to be corrected by the PL.

But the prospect of a zero points deduction sounds fanciful imo, unless our second breach is relatively minor and the PL suddenly become understanding and sympathetic to our plight, which hasn’t been the case thus far.

I’m all for zero point deductions, I just don’t think they are likely.
If our breach is under the 20m we breached last time, thats the only way I see them giving us 0 points.

All I know is it won't be a happy day on here, tomorrow or whenever announced.. ( Which doesn't take much )

Just want it over and done with..