6 + 2 Point Deductions

It would be lovely if EVERYTHING went tits up for them on the final day!

Add to that: Leicester needing 1 point to gain promotion to the PL, but end up tanking the match, thus the points deduction awarded to them for next season can't come into effect, making Masters and his cronies look like even more bigger tvvats then they already are!
Zero chance of that. No way Leicester are going to throw a match when it would cost them a couple of hundred million or whatever.

It won't be that it will be a clean slate, nobody else will get points deductions, The pl would be taken to a real court and have their asses handed to them if they tried to enforce punishments for old rules.. City's lawyers would make a mockery of that, at minium they'd argue that the reason the rules were changed was because they weren't fit for purpose so punishment based on rules not fit for purpose shouldn't be given. Unfortunately we happen to have been in slight breach when the PL really needed a pawn to throw to the wolves in their battle against external regulation, we happened to be the right sized club for them not small enough that it gets minimal coverage not big enough that it goes on for months just right that there's a week or 2 of coverage and it's done.

The PL wouldn’t really be enforcing ‘old rules’ in such circumstances, they would be applying the relevant rules that were applicable to the three year accounting period up until the end of season 23/24. Like when a criminal is sentenced in correspondence with the law that was in place at the time of the offence, and not in line with the law at the time of sentencing.

The ‘not fit for purpose’ argument is really weak when the clubs vote in favour of the rules themselves. And this works both ways, whether the clubs decide to change the rules ‘from now on’, or if they decide to change the rules retrospectively so that they no longer apply to the three year accounting period that will conclude at the end of season 23/24.

As long as we are still in the league, I’d be happy to see the rules changed retrospectively, so that there are no more point deductions at all. But I think it’s more likely that any rule change will be ‘from now on’, meaning there will be further points deductions being dished out under the current relevant rules at hearings being held this time next year.

The PL wouldn’t really be enforcing ‘old rules’ in such circumstances, they would be applying the relevant rules that were applicable to the three year accounting period up until the end of season 23/24. Like when a criminal is sentenced in correspondence with the law that was in place at the time of the offence, and not in line with the law at the time of sentencing.

The ‘not fit for purpose’ argument is really weak when the clubs vote in favour of the rules themselves. And this works both ways, whether the clubs decide to change the rules ‘from now on’, or if they decide to change the rules retrospectively so that they no longer apply to the three year accounting period that will conclude at the end of season 23/24.

As long as we are still in the league, I’d be happy to see the rules changed retrospectively, so that there are no more point deductions at all. But I think it’s more likely that any rule change will be ‘from now on’, meaning there will be further points deductions being dished out under the current relevant rules at hearings being held this time next year.
I think they'll be looking for a get out clause so they won't have to deal with Chelsea and City.. a clean slate gives them that.

Fair play if Luton have the balls to sue us after finishing below us and getting relegated despite us getting an 8 point deduction

You would have to admire their stupidity

Hope they get hammered about 8-0 by City.

Nothing would be sweeter than us going there and winning now though.

Say a lot when you are resting your survival on other clubs being deducted points. Hopefully they are back down the ladder in a few years time never to be heard of again.

I'm with you. It's the same here in America too, though it's probably been more rampant here for even longer. I grew up in a college-football-mad culture, and I followed a lot of other sports too for most of my life, but over the last 10-15 years (I'm 39), I've been losing interest in each one step-by-step. First I gave up following the NBA, then the NFL, then MLS (have a local team for which I was a season ticket holder the first few years of its existence), and more recently even gave up following college football.

Now I'm down to just Everton and the Arizona Diamondbacks (my girlfriend's MLB team that I've adopted over the last few years). Sports just aren't the same anymore.
I do agree.

I am in a similar boat although im in Australia i am an absolute sport junkie but these days its all about the generation of cash, pundits and journalists trying to be the story, not the game.