777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I think as many on here have pointed out, I think Everton offers a good prospect for investment from a purely sporting sense. I mean great fans, heritage, stadium, infra, and so on... I mean you pop a few milli, overhaul the engine, clear the decks and give it a paint job and you are good to go. But I suspect that folks see the offer document and go wide-eyed at the extent of the infestation and how much you can't clear out. The structure probably reads like a Targaryen family tree and people are sweating bullets.

The limited interest in buyers thus far tells me that Moshiri wants to keep control. No one should want to just give him and the people he hires more money to spend and expect that to work out. Investing in Moshiri is a loser proposition.

Rumoured interest from an unknown Asian consortium interested too in buying us out - hope thats true instead of 777....
There's rumour of Chinese interest but I'd be as wary of that as I would 777. Chinese government seem to be cracking down on Chinese money going overseas hence Wolves owners seemingly abandoning them.

I'd be very concerned about further exposure to geopolitical events we can't control after the Moshiri / Usmanov experience.

I think as many on here have pointed out, I think Everton offers a good prospect for investment from a purely sporting sense. I mean great fans, heritage, stadium, infra, and so on... I mean you pop a few milli, overhaul the engine, clear the decks and give it a paint job and you are good to go. But I suspect that folks see the offer document and go wide-eyed at the extent of the infestation and how much you can't clear out. The structure probably reads like a Targaryen family tree and people are sweating bullets.
Lets take off the blue tinted glasses for a minute.

I agree on great fans, heritage, stadium and infra stuff. You could say that about a lot of clubs in the premier league and football leagues below.

The main reason a lot of investors want to get their hands on a football team in England is the gravy train called the premier league and the riches of the tv contracts. It has been a while since we won anything. You asked a child from foreign lands about Everton and chances are they won't list the attractions you mention. It will be the usual suspects that they mention, the Sly 6, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich and a handful of other big european teams (that I can't be asssed to list).

Lets take off the blue tinted glasses for a minute.

I agree on great fans, heritage, stadium and infra stuff. You could say that about a lot of clubs in the premier league and football leagues below.

The main reason a lot of investors want to get their hands on a football team in England is the gravy train called the premier league and the riches of the tv contracts. It has been a while since we won anything. You asked a child from foreign lands about Everton and chances are they won't list the attractions you mention. It will be the usual suspects that they mention, the Sly 6, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich and a handful of other big european teams (that I can't be asssed to list).
There are two reasons to buy a PL football club, profit - and I think you will agree that nobody is turning a profit on us in the immediate short term but maybe over a 10 year period hence the American interest - and prestige as a projection of soft power - why would you buy us for that reason when we are expensive and rubbish, there are safer bets out there?

We'll end up with 777 or somebody like that, imo.

There's rumour of Chinese interest but I'd be as wary of that as I would 777. Chinese government seem to be cracking down on Chinese money going overseas hence Wolves owners seemingly abandoning them.

I'd be very concerned about further exposure to geopolitical events we can't control after the Moshiri / Usmanov experience.
Yes, but 777 have an awful reputation - I doubt the Premier League would let them buy us out they have other clubs they own - plus not very well ......

I’m not some esk fan by the way, he blocked me on twitter yrs ago 🤣 just I listened to the county road bobblers pod he was on last week.
To be precise what Esk said is Moshiri wants £5/600m and by the time you complete stadium, refinance some existing debt and provide the club some working capital that becomes a c. £1.1bn funding requirement.