777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you click through it goes to GoodisonNews.

Then it states “However, according to The Telegraph both sources also claimed that Moshiri remains “open” to a “rival bid emerging”

Basically Mosh is open to any bid but there isn’t another bid.
if you keep on going down it says about a asian firm interested who alan myers said are don’t want attention

I would welcome any Government concern. We all know that money talks and 777 don't seem to have much of it, or their source of funds is questionable.

We have to be cognisant of the threat of administration. I don't believe that will come to pass but despite it all, Everton are an established sporting institution in the UK. It would be a significant event if we came close to administration, or went under. The club is loved by very many people in the UK and beyond.

We are not merely a plaything for money men and investors. It's a huge black mark on the Premier League and ergo, on the Government & authorities that are meant to oversee regulation of the financing and operation of elite sport, if we were to go under.

Ultimately, if we were ever insolvent, then we either cease to exist or we have to be bailed out. That isn't going to be the government's problem, but it certainly is going to be an item of interest to them.

We are not Manchester United, but we're not Bury either. Evertons financial issues have become a test case for the proper regulation of football business at the upper echelon in this country.

I can only hope that the commission doesn't impose significant sanctions in October. If anything knowing how close we are to the winds here it might ensure leniency.

So the FA are concerned about fit and proper ownership all of a sudden?

Saddam Hussein’s ghost could buy Arsenal and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but as soon as absolutely anyone wants us, suddenly there’s an issue?
They're only concerned they won't get their taxes if they let alleged fraudsters and bad debtors into the game, killing journalists and beheading people publicly is fine though as long as they pay their taxes

So the FA are concerned about fit and proper ownership all of a sudden?

Saddam Hussein’s ghost could buy Arsenal and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but as soon as absolutely anyone wants us, suddenly there’s an issue?
As long as they have a yacht to invite the FA to I'm sure they'll be fine.

….I’d have thought any prospective owner would sound out the FA before going through the exhaustive process of owning a PL club, especially a bidder with 777s background.

Last edited:
better the devil you know mate is seems
Nah mate. We're well past that point now. The two morons running us now will kill Everton if they aren't forced out. 777 is defo the lesser of two evils. Its like being on a plane thats plummeting toward earth and getting offered a parachute by a widely known spiv. You know he's dodgy as hell, and there's a very good chance that the parachute might not open at all but its a choice between taking a chance that will lead to either a surprisingly positive outcome (or at least a quick end) or just accepting death.

Last edited:
I think the argument would be that 8 or 9 other clubs and the league's they play in didn't have an issue with them when they wanted to purchase their clubs .

I know premier league rules are different from other league's but I don't think they have all the power they say they have in these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back