777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no chance of 777 getting their hands on Everton. Why would a mega rich group buy Everton I hear many saying? Well why would a mega rich group buy Newcastle? Was it because of the city? The stadium? The fans? Their trophy laden history? Their rivalry with other big clubs in the North East? Jimmy Nail?

I think Moshiri will relinquish his majority shareholding at some point soon but will retain a stake in the club, and he ain't going to sell to just anybody either.

Why would Moshiri be in "advanced talks" with them if they hadn't shown their funding plans already?
I'm not sure what to believe any more from the media, 777, how have they sourced funding for a full buy out if EFC, and I suspect BMD, is a seperate asset.

Its hush - hush, let's hope some thing good will happen for Everton.

UTFTs!

….I’d have thought any prospective owner would sound out the FA before going through the exhaustive process of owning a PL club, especially a bidder with 777s background.

I think the league wouldn't be bothered by their chequered past, but more about where they get the money from/borrow.

Personally think they'd fly through based on the fact they own clubs in major leagues.

They've been sniffing around the league for a while. If they knew they wouldn't have a chance, they'd be gone by now IMO

There is no chance of 777 getting their hands on Everton. Why would a mega rich group buy Everton I hear many saying? Well why would a mega rich group buy Newcastle? Was it because of the city? The stadium? The fans? Their trophy laden history? Their rivalry with other big clubs in the North East? Jimmy Nail?

I think Moshiri will relinquish his majority shareholding at some point soon but will retain a stake in the club, and he ain't going to sell to just anybody either.
I'm gonna go with Jimmy Nail. Crocodile shoes was a smash hit in Riyadh back in the day.

I've seen a lot of stuff about 777 and their net worth. But when they have reported worth of 8bn in assets, doesn't that include all the other clubs they own combined? Wonder how much liquid assets they have.
And if Everton are successful under them, is any profit directed straight to their struggling assets and not reinvested in the club.
Basically, success for them is stabilizing the club and using any surplus funds to stabilize their other assets, then look for big buyers.
This is the best case scenario.
Are they better than the current mess? I'd probably take them over the Saudi government, but thats not a high bar.

Well one is a ‘mega rich’ group and one isn’t (in comparison).

Just a bit out there... how much reservation would there be to being taken over by a Middle East based consortium / sovereign.

I'm not for or against.

I look at City and think that was us (footballing wise). I look at Kenwright and wish it wasn't us. Newcastle seem to be having a time of it, too. My point is what are some loan sharks vs regional soveriegn backed funds. They're all bad, why not park the debt with someone that can afford it and bring on the jobs and the retail and the nice places to live around the ground and also let go of Michael Keane whilst we're at it.
at this stage north korea investment would be ok

I've seen a lot of stuff about 777 and their net worth. But when they have reported worth of 8bn in assets, doesn't that include all the other clubs they own combined? Wonder how much liquid assets they have.
And if Everton are successful under them, is any profit directed straight to their struggling assets and not reinvested in the club.
Basically, success for them is stabilizing the club and using any surplus funds to stabilize their other assets, then look for big buyers.
This is the best case scenario.
Are they better than the current mess? I'd probably take them over the Saudi government, but thats not a high bar.
Just dont think they have the cash to fix this mess , if they came in just looks like we would still have the same problems

So the FA are concerned about fit and proper ownership all of a sudden?

Saddam Hussein’s ghost could buy Arsenal and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but as soon as absolutely anyone wants us, suddenly there’s an issue?
The more I read about 777 the more I think the FA are right in being concerned about fit and proper ownership in this lots case!

That's fair

I don't know enough to comment on this, but again I would find it strange for any buyer to come in if they knew they could not fund an almost complete construction project. That would also end up harming their own investment.
Yep, the water gets murkier and I hope Everton donk sink, into administration.

It' seems the Mosh wants out asap, whether Chairman BK, is upholding his "short term " role as Chdirman, who really knows.

Hopefully a rational business sale happens, for the greater good of EFC, and sees in a bewcera with a new owner and chairman

UTFTs!

The more I read about 777 the more I think the FA are right in being concerned about fit and proper ownership in this lots case!
Great point, 777, looks like a bad IT virus, barely noticeable but deadly, in action.

The EPL and FA, will be more concerned with conserving their interests and business integrity.

They will see their product at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back