777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even on Football Manager it appears we are cursed.
IMG_5246.webp

Catherine, you're right and I'm not sure how the Saudi government got around the rules, perhaps because it is a test of the individuals involved?

Perhaps the question is whether the rules are suitable to deal with a "rogue" organisation - for our sake I hope they are.

My guess is that the PL would have rejected the bid if the Gov didn't infer.

So if 777 falls through, is someone else going to be dumb enough to buy the club or do we return to no-mans land for another season? I'm hoping that these articles are purposeful leaks to try to attract other suitors.

I surprised we haven’t attracted any decent buyers over the years. I know we are a bit of a basket case of late but we must still be an attractive investment to someone sensible surely 🤷‍♂️
This all speculation of course, but I assume there probably has been some degree of interest despite how woeful the club has been operated, but they have been likely deterred by the same special conditions and certain concerns that resulted in Everton being acquired by moshiri. Such as the sketchy lender that is tied to Kenwright that derailed MSP investing and I wouldn't be surprised if the parasitic leech Kenwright was still angling to be involved with everton once again even post moshiri. The whole stadium endeavor is another potential obstacle as well.

The more you read of 777 the more they seem like a bunch of cowboys…..
I wouldn't call them that. Pasko's a seasoned veteran of this game, with the education and the credentials. Not necessarily good credentials, mind you, but they show he knows how to play this game well.

The co-founders look like the classic old professor/grad student exchange of technical expertise for new ideas. Pasko knows how to fund things with minimum up-front investment at least cost, and Wander has his ear to the ground on where to find the best current opportunities to translate funding into cash. I don't think Wander's ideas are all sound, and he's certainly far closer to Donald Trump than I when it comes to willingness to take things to court, but he's probably a good match for someone like Pasko. Pasko is in the twilight of his career, with a short time horizon and a CV including the firm in Michael Lewis's Liar's Poker and the king of the junk bonds. It's well-documented that zero ethics was the order of the day at both firms.

I think 777 just tried to bite off more than they could chew this time, and it's probably for the best from their perspective. I have a hard time not seeing them getting wrecked in court for deceptive/not in good faith practices should the whole thing fall apart, which was a substantial possibility with their financing model. IMO, a purchase bet the company on us staying up without further investment. These are not people who want serious public scrutiny, and it was coming if we went down (and into administration) or if they bankrupted other assets to fund us staying up.

Of course, the whole thing could have been a smokescreen to increase their public profile. You had no idea who 777 Partners was, until now. Now you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back