Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get off the Hone neilw.

1. Obvious
2. Obvious
3. Daft, of course they do. Maybe neilw and his mates don't understand valuation.
4. Obvious

1. Nonsense
2. Nonsense

Of course we will be selling players. Our DoF already told us that.
Yeah, you are right there, the idea that MSP wouldnt "understand relegation" and the economics of it is beyond absurd. Jumps the shark with that one and shows the bent of the rest of it.

The problem with becoming profitable even with the stadium unless you're going to aim for mike ashley levels of austerity is that you need some modicum of sucess on the pitch to advertise yourself to other markets and because of ffp it obviously makes it more challenging to attain that goal
Can you clear one thing up being Merican....You understand relegation?

The chap who's caused today's debate claims our Merican brethren don't get it ha.

Can you clear one thing up being Merican....You understand relegation?

The chap who's caused today's debate claims our Merican brethren don't get it ha.
Haha it's such am intricate concept but yes yanks who follow the sport definitely comprehend the premise behind relegation and as a fan of Everton im very familiar with the notion of relegation lol , a lot of u.s fans actually want it to applied to the American leagues which mls it will never happen because of the owners have too much power but the second tier soccer league in the u.s, the USL (yes there is actually a more inferior league than the msl) actually voted to implement a relegation system in the near future

Pretty sobering update on another forum.

Pretty much how I see it, Moshiri has killed the club, we aren`t at the bottom yet let alone starting the climb out of the other side.

You can believe or not believe that lad, but the numbers themselves should make everyone realise how much trouble we are in

We are in debt (even completely putting to one side the transfer payments coming due and the outstanding money owed to Laing O'Rourke) to the tune of about a billion - just over half of that being in short term, high interest debt.

R&MF - £200 odd million
MSP - £160 million
777 - £200ish million
Moshiri - £450 million

I understand people wanting to put their head in the sand and hope that richer people than themselves will be able to sort this out, but we are in huge trouble. To some people that will be the most obvious thing they'll read today, to others they'll still be in denial, but the numbers aren't fictional.
"Head in the sand" also "Lets wait and see"......

Wait and see gets you nowhere, no business plan has ever consisted of "Lets wait and see", worst shout possible to a club in our situation, smacks of people that just do not understand.

I can't wrap my head around the notion that Everton are not a very attractive proposition for investors or vanity project seekers.

We are a global top flight institution. Yes, we flirted with relegation for a couple of seasons, so what?

We are located in a major area with Liverpool, Man.U and City as our neighbours. The stadium. I mean, come on. It's a world class stadium within a world class location. The fanbase are incredible. So how come we are being led to believe that 777 were the only bidders stupid enough to want to buy little old Everton?
There must be a few wealthy buyers out there just waiting for Moshiri to utter the words 'going once, going twice...'
It's not just wishful thinking on my part surely?

I can't wrap my head around the notion that Everton are not a very attractive proposition for investors or vanity project seekers.

We are a global top flight institution. Yes, we flirted with relegation for a couple of seasons, so what?

We are located in a major area with Liverpool, Man.U and City as our neighbours. The stadium. I mean, come on. It's a world class stadium within a world class location. The fanbase are incredible. So how come we are being led to believe that 777 were the only bidders stupid enough to want to buy little old Everton?
There must be a few wealthy buyers out there just waiting for Moshiri to utter the words 'going once, going twice...'

No not at all, you mention Liverpool and I would've thought that would be a great ambition for a new owner to complete with your local rival for the Premier League and such like, season after season

This is what he was involved in.

Plus ca change!

So, Neil W was a bit part player in a takeover attempt that didn't get off the ground...25 years ago. That's his credentials.

How does this feller get a shedload of attention for stating that he's had a word with a hack he knows, and one with a *Blue Knight* circa 2024 version of himself, and that it's all looking bleak? The number of times he's replied to that forum thread you can tell he cant believe his luck he's been handed 15 minutes of fame.

The fact is that he and others might be accountants and in the industry, broadly speaking, and they might *know* certain people somewhere at the periphery of where the discussions are taking place on Everton, but he's nowhere near the inner core of any potential negotiations taking place on a sale and is effectively trying to put a jigsaw together in a pitch black room and holding only half the pieces.

He's a poster on a forum. Let's just recognise that and see this 'info' for what it is. No one other than key sensitive players know wtf is going on.

We haven’t done anything of note for nearly 30 years.
To a neutral we are a mid table no mark club.
We do not generate enough money to maintain even our humble mid table existence.
And for long periods we have played football no one would choose to watch .
Our shirts sell only to committed supporters, we don’t command top dollar from sponsors or advertisers, our commercial appeal is rock bottom.
Ultimately football is an entertainment business and if you don’t entertain then you have have no business.

We owe hundreds of millions of pounds out to people who don’t even have a share in the club, we are near City, United and Liverpool in location only, we are in another country if you compare it in football and investment terms.
The scary thing is I imagine there are far worse things at the club that aren’t even public yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back