777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
God this is depressing. Are we stuck in this holding pattern until end May? Then enter another never ending search for new buyers 🤷‍♂️
I'd advise anyone stressing about this to settle down. It won't be sorted any time soon and all the *experts* out there with their *certain* information are full of it anyway.

Don't let them get you down. We've just secured our PL status and we'll do it again next season too.

Seems even the bookies, who by common consensus tend to be accurate in these matters, have us down as second favourites to go down next season.
The bookies’ job isn’t to be accurate though. Their job is to set the shortest odds they think mugs will back. They don’t make money setting the right odds they make money from people backing the wrong odds.

So they set us up as even money thinking people will see a bunch of negative headlines and back it. It doesn’t reflect what they think will happen just what they think they can make money from.

Spurs rolled up all their short term stadium debt into a long term mortgage afterwards, that can be done here
Right, and at the point interest rates come down 2-2.5% itll save 10 million a year in interest which can go straight to profit. They 100% will refinance into long term debt, and refinance that when theres a big rate change.

We are not Spurs. They had money in the bank with a wages to turnover ratio of 45%

We are at 92% at the last set of accounts with the build to be completed. No-one would touch us at the minute for a long term mortgage.
Of course they would, somebody somewhere would be glad to offer us an APR of 9000%.

I'd advise anyone stressing about this to settle down. It won't be sorted any time soon and all the *experts* out there with their *certain* information are full of it anyway.

Don't let them get you down. We've just secured our PL status and we'll do it again next season too.

Indeed, and I would expect us to climb the league next year……

This, the most immediate thing is MSP and continuing funding the ground.

Sounds like the club are trying to restructure the debt and well the transfer window is open in June to fund the ground.

This will play out in its own time. Brinkmanship mode is activated.

Can fully expect all types of sensational headlines in between, with hacks looking for a story over the summer.

Keep an eye out tomorrow, Moshiri is scheduled to meet the fan advisory board.

Spurs rolled up all their short term stadium debt into a long term mortgage afterwards, that can be done here

It absolutely can but factor in another £200m of debt by next spring then even on a reasonably competitive corporate mortgage rate things are still going to be uncomfortable for us for a very long while.

Spurs got lucky with their timing given interest rates and created an asset with revenue potential more in keeping with the price tag than we appear to have managed. They were also operating sustainably before taking on all of that debt, owned their own training ground and weren't considered such a basket case that reputable ends of the finance markets wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

They and Villa provide a small hint of hope for something better to come but we'd be wise not to stretch the parallels too much. We're in deeper than any big club since Leeds and it's not going to be quick and easy to engineer a reset that will see us competing as peers of Spurs and the like.

Seems even the bookies, who by common consensus tend to be accurate in these matters, have us down as second favourites to go down next season.
Yeah I don't like it and get a weird feeling about it that they know something that we don't, however I remember reading a post on another forum from a guy who was told by the senior odds complier of William Hill that we definitely weren't getting a second points deduction.

We are at 92% at the last set of accounts with the build to be completed. No-one would touch us at the minute for a long term mortgage.

No chance we are at that now though, is there? Gbamin, Mina, Iwobi, Townsend, Davies, Coady, Begovic and Gray off the wage bill since that time? Is that correct? Were Dele's wages also included in them accounts? Gomes now off the books . And Maupay will be included too. I know there's been in-comings but I doubt they're getting the guesstimated £750k a week the above lot were getting.

Spurs are well run and cash positive. We’re…not.

That will happen eventually but we’re a ways away from that.
Hopefully a fully functioning stadium resolves that - probably not as much as we expect but hopefully with a forecasted reduction in interest rates the debt will become more manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back