777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As people have said least we get another name into the arena and hopefully that makes a few that were waiting for our demise spring into action. A good day for once.

Love the way, when presented with evidence to the contrary - he always doubles down. Absolute maverick lol

He must be playing the contrary card now just to ramp up traffic. It's impossible to think he truly believes what he's saying, he'd argue black is white at the moment.

Inevitably the last of the great north west clubs up for grabs would be fought over.

People who thought otherwise really need to stop reading the media who only regard us and position us as a crisis club with only down sides to it.

That isn't and has never been the case.

We avoided our near extinction event when Destination Kirkby was prevented by the fans. That would really have finished us. But look at us now: ready to move into a stadium that places us at the heart of a thriving city with all the world looking on.

Last of North West?

More like last of the countries great clubs.

If we were a fruit we would be beginning to ripen.

With Textor owning a large share of Crystal Palace already, I guess he wouldn't need to pass the Fit and Proper owner test again by the PL?
My guess is it would at least fast track that aspect of it as he will have a current "pass" on the OADT. The issue is likely to be on the Palace end, where whoever is buying his stake would need to pass the test before that deal was ratified, and that deal would need to be ratified before he could buy Everton.

It’s because of the multi club model. We have fought him off on that point. It is something he sees as the future. He has been a shareholder at a time of financial stabilisation for us but it always seemed the other shareholders were fighting against him because of the multi club model preferences.
Thanks Alan....but after this recent cluster f@µk of a owner, imho will live with a multi club model. Not many Jack Walker types out there anymore and oil money is not forthcoming. We have been a dusty historical football club that allows the no mark press to treat us like a non entity and our owners have totally cancelled our membership for competing. Thanks again for the reply fella 👍👍

My guess is it would at least fast track that aspect of it as he will have a current "pass" on the OADT. The issue is likely to be on the Palace end, where whoever is buying his stake would need to pass the test before that deal was ratified, and that deal would need to be ratified before he could buy Everton.

What is the Owner's and Director's test anyway? Can someone study for this or is it like a handshake, you get one attempt and the judgment is subjective?

For me the most interesting part of the quotes from Textor is that he seems to be suggesting that he knows he's not the only one with eyes on us right now, and that the others he knows about will be able to move quicker than him - the part about how he'd be interested but by the time he's able to do it, we likely won't still be available.

The part about him being interested need not be true for the rest of it to still be true, and hopeful.

Its like Fight Club.
ah mate that's just me reading the transfer thread then

icegif-1337.gif

What is the Owner's and Director's test anyway? Can someone study for this or is it like a handshake, you get one attempt and the judgment is subjective?
You have to prove you don't oversee a brutal, abusive regime and that you don't oppress women and gay people and that you don't chop up critical journalists.

Just kidding; you need to prove you have lots and lots of money.

You have to prove you don't oversee a brutal, abusive regime and that you don't oppress women and gay people and that you don't chop up critical journalists.

Just kidding; you need to prove you have lots and lots of money.

If and let's be clear this is IF there were such a terrible owner, would it kill any journalists to write a damning story to be published in a major newspaper about how terrible these owners are?

Do you reckon he could join up with Downing and his mate to form a consortium ? How rich is Textor, does anyone have any idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back