777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subject to fit and proper tests etc it’ll all be done and dusted by the end of the year!

We can only hope for the best now.
That’s it, hope for the best. So much doom-mongering and “finished with the club” and “Mosh and Bill out now but don’t sell to these” without any real reason or justification other than what the internet tells people they simply must believe. The FT presenting a more balanced account of 777 and the transaction. They may very well make a proper pigs arse out of it, and probably will, but until they do its probably worth just watching the footy.

I'm not worried now about 777. I'm fairly confident they won't pass the fit and proper tests..
they shouldnt with the state of Genoa, Seville, Liege and whoever else they've got their fingers in. If the Premier league had any authenticity about them, and weren't all about the money, this should have been buried months ago.

If 777 get their claws into Everton.. i can only see even negative things happening to us...

more of the same then for the first issue

There's always a reasonable chance that if it's one man or one family owning us that Everton gets under their skin and they occasionally make decisions (particularly those that impact on fans) with the heart not the head. That they'll fight in our corner.

Admittedly that has been worth nought since the late 80's but hope springs eternal.

Not sure I'm with you wholly there mate. The dude has been dropping blank cheques to forgive our sins, of his own making admittedly, but his absence creates a financial vacuum that needs to be filled - somehow and this crowd based on the evidence can be absolutely worse.

There is the morality piece of truth in all you say but there is the pragmatic reality piece and what it means for the club as well.
It's not really a morality thing at all. The firm my mate works for, and the other firms in that space, do work for some absolutely horrendous people. They do not turn down work on moral grounds.

It's a question of legality, and their view was that the club was operating on the very fringes of legality at best due to the owner and his "associations", and they would not take on the work due to the potential exposure that brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back