777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Esk is most likely right though. Textor owns 45% of palace, and he’s been trying to sell it for many months to no avail. Why? Well, because no one really wants 45% of a football club and to then have literally no control. So, it’s not that Textor can’t take over, it’s that he’s really unlikely to be able to shift his palace shares before someone else has or we’ve had to move on.
You end up in a Kenwright like situation, it seems a bit the same with Parish, not the biggest holder but with a vice like grip over everything (Parish does seem a little more competent than Bill though)

Red Bull, just bought a minority stake in Leeds and becomes its shirt sponsor - somethings going to go on there in the future, Red Bull Leeds.
There has been some talk of Leeds and Red Bull for a few years now so this doesn't come as any great shock. Their youth setup there is highly productive and exactly what the RB model wants.

There has been some talk of Leeds and Red Bull for a few years now so this doesn't come as any great shock. Their youth setup there is highly productive and exactly what the RB model wants.

I might be making this up but i thnk some players came to them from RB as well mate.

Its a very strategic stake by RB in my opinion.

Envious if im honest.

I might be making this up but i thnk some players came to them from RB as well mate.

Its a very strategic stake by RB in my opinion.

Envious if im honest.
They had a former RB guy in Jesse Marsch. This will help them given they clearly need to sell a few players atm, the RB network will surely be able to loan them a few youngsters to help out for a season.

I think the Esk is most likely right though. Textor owns 45% of palace, and he’s been trying to sell it for many months to no avail. Why? Well, because no one really wants 45% of a football club and to then have literally no control. So, it’s not that Textor can’t take over, it’s that he’s really unlikely to be able to shift his palace shares before someone else has or we’ve had to move on.

Don't need a economics degree to say that though. It's common sense.

They had a former RB guy in Jesse Marsch. This will help them given they clearly need to sell a few players atm, the RB network will surely be able to loan them a few youngsters to help out for a season.

Think Tyler Adams was involved with one of the RB as well mate, so there may have been a presence their for a while.

Agreed mate, i dont think the timing of this by accident - a player pathway, an investment in a stake and a commercial deal also - much needed funds at a very advantageous time.

b6097be674c787eab98953b40b89a4bc.gif

He said the exact same think about Usmanov and his 30% stake in arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back