777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moshiri stays then we'd be in administration before the end of the football year. The new guys might be dodgy headcases but they are our dodgy headcases. All I want is that they bring in some of the experts that we have available. Fire Billy Liar into the sun, bring in Leahy and get Dunc back involved in some form.

That would be a good early PR win for them.

This is getting comical

"There remains nothing imminent....."

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 13.08.36.webp

Mixed but rightly or wrongly people would be relieved that money would be put into the team
It’d be the final nail.

777 look dodgy, and anyone with enough money to buy a Premier League team will have an element of dodginess.

But selling up to Saudi or someone of that ilk would be on another level. War crimes, human rights abusers, pillaging the planet - they do it all and I wouldn’t want to be associated with it.

There seems to be a lot going on with this sale. Do 777 have the funds,? In a way the US is awash with money that wants to speculate. They may do what FSG did, and get rich individual investors to plough money in. With the Wrexham thing, football in this country is seen as romantic and showbizzy, which can attract attention and funds. Or they may get big financial institutions interested.
The one thing in their favour is that they reside and have their money in the US. As I can't see the premier League wanting to damage a US owned business with a points deduction over FFP. They'd more than likely take the prem to a US court on restraint of trade or some such legality. I think Chelsea got assurances from the premier League, that they wouldn't penalise them over FFP due to Abramovich's debt. So in the short term, I think we'll be safe and maybe that's why Moshiri is selling now and doesn't want to gamble with the FFP investigation outcome.
777 will add to the already American controlled premier League. Which I think will push for a different TV individual clubs TV deal and a greater push for a Euro Super League as envisaged by LFC, Arsenal and Manu's owners. They'll have more owners that are offay with a US style sports commerce process. At least we'll be in the gang and may get some benefits.
Or we could just play in the 777 international cup with all their other owned clubs.

All the American owners will team up to dictate the TV rights and want options to televise their own games.

That's where the deal breaker is

One thing ive noticed that i dont think has been up by the media picked yet - is Moshisi says by doing this deal we have secured the full funding for BMD - thats a huge take home for me - but would like more detail - the below is from his statement to shareholders:

""As a result of this agreement, we have an experienced and well-connected investor in football clubs who will help maximise the commercial opportunities, and we have secured the complete financing for our new stadium, which will be the critical element in the future success of Everton. Today is an important next step in the successful development of Everton and I look forward to closely following as our Club goes from strength to strength."

777 must surely have the foresight to get rid of Kenwright. If they have done due diligence to even an extremely basic level on fan sentiment, then they know that keeping him in place will get them off to a bad start.

Kenwright out is still the main goal imo.

One thing ive noticed that no body seems to have picked up on yet - is Moshisi says by doing this deal we have secured the full funding for BMD - thats a huge take home for me - but would like more detail - the below is from his statement to shareholders:

""As a result of this agreement, we have an experienced and well-connected investor in football clubs who will help maximise the commercial opportunities, and we have secured the complete financing for our new stadium, which will be the critical element in the future success of Everton. Today is an important next step in the successful development of Everton and I look forward to closely following as our Club goes from strength to strength."

*Sees how long this takes to make twitter!

This is interesting considering MSP have loaned £100m to the stadium company.

Is the rest of the money coming from 777 Partners investors or is it banks like how it was originally supposed to be with MSP investing.

They are not plowing money into football for romance. They are purchasing future cash flows.

Even the Wrexham guys are monetizing that club to the hilt (with the TV as evidence). It’s the only way to survive these days.

Of course they are in it for the money, and in the long term could be very detrimental to us, or it may not if they can upp our income. One of the ways to sell football on the US is to romanticise it, showbizzy it and rich Americans will want some of the action.

It's why these will sail through the checks for the league.

They'll have the funds or proof of them. You don't send out of statement and point out the deal will sort the funding of stadium out etc if it wasn't.

Where it's from, other than Russia or North Korea, the league will not be fussed.
Ultimately we'll be bought by a regime of some description. Maybe we already have been today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back