777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think all the negativity about this is being overhyped. We need a takeover, and soon, and I doubt there is an ideal scenario out there.

These guys don't seem to have the cash to make the squad any better than it is now, they can't even pay Moshiri for his shares. We obviously don't have all the details, but everything surrounding this is screaming that the on-field product will stay the same or get worse.

These guys don't seem to have the cash to make the squad any better than it is now, they can't even pay Moshiri for his shares. We obviously don't have all the details, but everything surrounding this is screaming that the on-field product will stay the same or get worse.

Agree, this is so Everton.

A proposed takeover that will actually make things worse.

It will be better than if Moshiri stays in charge, of that I have no doubt.

And I agree, we don't have close to enough info yet. Which is why I find some of the views on this pretty strange. It could go badly or it could be ok. Under Moshiri I know it will be terrible.

We have an owner who has no money and is selling off the squad. Why are people being adamant things will definitely be worse. Its very bizarre.

Well then, our lenders in MSP, or R&M have an issue (outside of 777 partners paying them in full as per the control covenants in the contract) as it’s going to make far more difficult to maintain any payments to them, if our new overlords 777 do mot invest in the team as relegation potentially beckons, and income massively drops.

And I agree, we don't have close to enough info yet. Which is why I find the entrenched positions pretty strange. It could go badly or it could be ok. Under Moshiri I know it will be terrible.

We have an owner who has no money and is selling off the squad. Why are people being adamant things will definitely be worse. Its very bizarre.

Going from one owner with no money to another with no money will not be good, no matter who is in charge. We can't have worse, and we can't have the status quo either. Things need to improve and it's not unreasonable to think that 777 won't be able to do that.

Going from one owner with no money to another with no money will not be good, no matter who is in charge. We can't have worse, and we can't have the status quo either. Things need to improve and it's not unreasonable to think that 777 won't be able to do that.
What about going from an owner/chairman/board with zero commercial sense to one that will improve everything off the pitch to bring the club back up to a profitable status?

And I agree, we don't have close to enough info yet. Which is why I find some of the views on this pretty strange. It could go badly or it could be ok. Under Moshiri I know it will be terrible.

I'll give this a stab.

At the moment Moshiri is supporting the club with funding. It's at a way reduced level than he was previously prepared to spend and that comes from being an owner for long enough to know that what he did previously was a disaster. When you are new to something, sometimes you think that throwing money to solve problems is all that is needed. However, football isn't like that and is all very short term. Instant success is required. New players must fit and contribute immediately.

Moshiri still has a lot of money. He has been very astute in his business life and has shown he can generate funds. OK, one source of funding has been removed but he still has some very credible assets. Whether he chooses to spend anymore on Everton is doubtful but he has shown he will continue to support the losses for the time being.

Then there is the stadium and his ego. It's pretty clear he sees this as his legacy to the club, the area and to football. He's prepared to see this through to the death.

And then we have the 777 Group and no-one knows what their intentions are. All we know, as fans, is that performances on the pitch demand a better coach and better playing staff. Is this group prepared to underwrite all the investment required? The answer already, based on performance at other clubs they part own, is a resounding "No." They see us as an investment to make money with and this is preconditioned by not spending much money upfront based on what we hear about the deal they have lined up. They are trying to buy at a discount, spend as little as possible and hope that things will improve so they can see a return. There is no talk about what they will do to grow the business or how they will support the team. All we have heard is they will underwrite the stadium... and as we have seen, other creditors have something to say about that.

So, no, as much as we all want Moshiri gone, selling to the wrong people will make things far worse.

We should have brokers speaking to Jim Ratcliffe. cheaper than Man United and a shiny new stadium that could have the Ineos name plastered all over it.

Still think all the negativity about this is being overhyped. We need a takeover, and soon, and I doubt there is an ideal scenario out there.
There's got to be a better one than this, though.

These guys simply do not have the money. Which means no change from the status quo. Moshiri, to his credit, spent some money (badly, as it turned out), but these guys don't spend money at all - as the evidence of their previous acquisitions show.

Takeovers should be a time of hope. One would need to be very naive indeed - gullible even - to imagine these cowboys will do anything more than carpetbag.

Pathetic really….
The announcers on NBC sports talking about Everton and potential take over just seemed uncomfortable reporting it.

Shady 777, state of affairs, Moshiri etc.
Everyone with the funds and intrest to take over a PL club in a multi hundred million pound deal will be shady AF.. we've recently been party to an Usmonov money laundering scheme, all American owners are dodgy characters and the Saudis worse again.

There's got to be a better on than this, though.

These guys simply do not have the money. Which means no change from the status quo. Moshri, to his credit, spent some money (badly, as it turned out), but these guys don't spend money at all - as the evidence of their previous acquisitions show.

Takeovers should be a time of hope. One would need to be very naive indeed - gullible even - to imagine these cowboys will do anything more than carpetbag.
How do we know they don't have the money? Or that there aren't other investors involved?

Bobble said Everton have seen proof of funds and Deloitte are involved.

This is a wait and see as far as I'm concerned. Its just bizarre to say it will definitely be terrible.

And the analysis of their performance at other clubs is far too early and far too in depth. If you buy struggling clubs it will take time.

I'm open minded to all this because the status quo cannot continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back