Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
We have an unfinished ground & debts all over the place - thats why MSP only invested in the ground we are due to go to an independent hearing in October to justify our debts - we are blaming it all on covid .. Which is not true we got let off now a neutral committee is looking at our books thats why Beto was signed to be paid in 2024 ... we are in a financial mess TBH ....

We will be lucky not to get points deducted ..... we need a big buyer, & start all over without BK & Moshiri
Unless I'm missing something mate, Beto's signing and the structure of it has nothing to do with FFP/P&S - his signing will be accounted for in the usual manner with it being amortised across the length of his contract, with the first chunk of that being in this financial year.

What it does do is alleviate the immediate cash flows issues to a degree because we don't have to hand over any money until 1st July 2024 (at the earliest)

The cash flow problems are the bigger ones currently - FFP is probably not going to be a problem for us from 1st July 2024 because we will have 3 financial years behind us of (probably) fairly comfortable accounts. If we aren't in the black over that three year rolling period, then we should be close to it

The cash flow problems are the bigger ones currently - FFP is probably not going to be a problem for us from 1st July 2024 because we will have 3 financial years behind us of (probably) fairly comfortable accounts. If we aren't in the black over that three year rolling period, then we should be close to it
The last 2 accounts show a loss of 36m in 2022 and 106m in 2023.

Thats a loss of 142m.

We probably still make an operating loss and whilst we did have a positive spend regarding transfers, im not sure we are wiping 142m off the loss sheet next year.

But we should certainly be under the 105m losses allowed under FFP.

The fella wanting to buy Utd is slightly seperate to the group that own PSG who were linked with investing into a PL side back in January (prior to Utd being put on the market).

It may well have been a case that any potential talks ended as when the Utd deal was on the table it'll have been too political for two closely linked entitles to buy into 2 teams from the same league.

The group that own PSG cannot really own a majority stake in another European club whereas the Shiekh bidding for Utd can.

Be interesting if he does buy out a club or if the PSG group (who are essentially the investment arm of the Qatari govt) end up looking back into buying/investing a minority stake in a team.
It would be interesting.
There seems to be no prospect or indication currently that the Qatari Investment Authority wish to divest themselves from PSG. I'd guess if that happened they would turn their attentions elsewhere but it would be a big leap in strategy to go from PSG to Everton. A minority stake whilst Moshiri & Kenwright remained on board wouldn't be beneficial I think and would just lead to more of the same confused and unclear leadership. I don't think a group of the ilk of the QIA would entertain working with them for a second either.

Sadly on that front I don't think things will change over the next 1-2 years.
If we could avoid relegation over this period (increasingly looking like a bigger and bigger if), then I think our prospects look a lot better with spending under control and the stadium completed but if we go down, it could well be ruin.

Last edited:
The last 2 accounts show a loss of 36m in 2022 and 106m in 2023.

Thats a loss of 142m.

We probably still make an operating loss and whilst we did have a positive spend regarding transfers, im not sure we are wiping 142m off the loss sheet next year.

But we should certainly be under the 105m losses allowed under FFP.

The operating loss for 21/22 (the first year in question to the period I mentioned, but the only one we have figures for currently) was £44.7m - this is the financial year in which the Richarlison sale was booked.

We'll then have the "Gordon year" (22/23), for which accounts will be made public before 31st Dec under the new rules. I haven't looked at Esk's analysis on this, but I'm assuming that we won't be posting big losses given what went on.

This financial year we'll presumably not be seeing anything too spectacular in terms of losses either given what we've seen?

The operating loss for 21/22 (the first year in question to the period I mentioned, but the only one we have figures for currently) was £44.7m - this is the financial year in which the Richarlison sale was booked.

We'll then have the "Gordon year" (22/23), for which accounts will be made public before 31st Dec under the new rules. I haven't looked at Esk's analysis on this, but I'm assuming that we won't be posting big losses given what went on.

This financial year we'll presumably not be seeing anything too spectacular in terms of losses either given what we've seen?
Yes you are correct, I was a year off due to how late we got the accounts this year.

You believe what you want to mate and stay with your head buried in the sand hoping all will turn out well.
Think it's fine to be skeptical about someone who said we would sign mata and witsel and repeatedly said usmanov wasnt involved when he clearly was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back