777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is. I doubt the other nineteen owners are stupid enough to buy that claim. Hicks and Gillett ended up taking a hundred million pounds less in a forced sale after their original buyer backed out.

The problem isn't that 777 is the only taker. It's that they're the only taker at this price. Moshiri probably would have to cut the price more deeply to attract a reputable buyer. His lenders and the Prem have the option of making that his problem.

If the takeover gets rejected by the league... it'll be similar to Hicks and Gillette. Cards will fold, loans will want paying, we'll be on the brink....

Then Mosh will sell at a discount to whoever swoops in.

There will be vultures hovering over the club at this moment watching on to see how it pans out

I was sceptical of it...but when Simon Jordan said yesterday there'll be plenty willing to buy us, just not at the current price...just wait till Moshiri HAS to cut ties to see them coming out the woodwork.

But is that a gamble worth taking

Loans to pay the bills is very very very bad...

There's a number of reasons why it's been done though.

As @Neiler has said, there would've been a firesale if there wasn't access to prop the cashflow.

1 - Moshiri either has no access to funds (kinda doubt it)
2 - He's pulled the plug putting money in even though he could put it in
3 - Shows 777 they have access to quick cash to the league
4 - there's rumours about the £20mill (if it's that) is there to cover parts of the MSP deal that fell through.

It's as Dyche says "noise". Untill someone says something.

If the takeover gets rejected by the league... it'll be similar to Hicks and Gillette. Cards will fold, loans will want paying, we'll be on the brink....

Then Mosh will sell at a discount to whoever swoops in.

There will be vultures hovering over the club at this moment watching on to see how it pans out

I was sceptical of it...but when Simon Jordan said yesterday there'll be plenty willing to buy us, just not at the current price...just wait till Moshiri HAS to cut ties to see them coming out the woodwork.

But is that a gamble worth taking

Stage 3 of Grief - Bargaining

I'm surprised any money is being loaned to the club at all before our hearing in october. The result of that whichever way it goes determines a truer valuation for us.
The deal Moshiri agreed to is 'performance' based so if we get hit with a points deduction or similar 777 pay less. If we get relegated they also pay less.

By all accounts they are paying next to nothing upfront and will pay Moshiri over an extended period of time with the final amount received dependant on certain milestones.

I'm surprised any money is being loaned to the club at all before our hearing in october. The result of that whichever way it goes determines a truer valuation for us.

Which is why it could possibly be just all be a strategic plan rather than the "OMG we're going bust".

In the hearing we've got the fact we've: Cooperated with the league.
We've curved spending.
We should be in profit for this financial year
Looking to sell
Shown that the prospective owners they have access to quick cash towards a takeover.

Financially as a business ready to transfer ownership it could paint a better picture.

As @Neiler has said, there would've been a firesale if there wasn't access to prop the cashflow.

4 - there's rumours about the £20mill (if it's that) is there to cover parts of the MSP deal that fell through.

This is what my thoughts are - He has hae nough and pretty much gone "F&$£ you all".

Part of the agreement with 777 will be for them to fund the club till its all officially done - This will be reflected in the lower sale price & stagered payments to Moshiri.

Any loan that 777 put into EFC will be converted to shares.

Which really does lead us to use needing 777 more than ever.

All guess work, but thats my feel and take on it all.

The deal Moshiri agreed to is 'performance' based so if we get hit with a points deduction or similar 777 pay less. If we get relegated they also pay less.

By all accounts they are paying next to nothing upfront and will pay Moshiri over an extended period of time with the final amount received dependant on certain milestones.
You can tell who the the businessmen are in that deal. lol

He has made a deal with them. From the point of agreement, why would he willingly put more money in which would now be a further hit on the total money he will end up with.

Which is why it could possibly be just all be a strategic plan rather than the "OMG we're going bust".

In the hearing we've got the fact we've: Cooperated with the league.
We've curved spending.
We should be in profit for this financial year
Looking to sell
Shown that the prospective owners they have access to quick cash towards a takeover.

Financially as a business ready to transfer ownership it could paint a better picture.

How you can plow on with this positive outlook is beyond me tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back