777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I set today aside to look at this Wander character; you know the scruffy [Poor language removed] in a baseball cap? He really doesn't amount to anything and he is the "managing partner." I wanted to hear some words coming out of his mouth and you can see some of that on Youtube- an interview at Genoa perhaps the best example. So search for that if you haven't already.
No shareholder whose business model is based on exploiting distressed assets has an intrinsic interest in the heart and soul underpinning such assets.

People are asking for ideal scenarios here but they don't exist. I find the intense opposition to this a bit weird to be honest, especially considering how the club has been left with no leadership whatsoever now that Moshiri wants out.

We need a takeover ASAP and we just have to hope it works. We cant wait around for this ideal new owner when they probably aren't out there.

Absolutely.

It's like looking at the Esk's lists of demands. He wants -
Billionaires to buy
Clear the debt
Pay for the stadium
Increase commercials
Investment in the squad

You're talking close to a £2billion takeover to tackle every single thing.

Absolute pipe dream in this current climate.

If they are the only prospective buyer then we have no other options. Moshiri retaining control isn't a viable option

And we dont have enough information to know all these things for sure. We dont know what their plans would be for Everton. Sure there are worrying signs but no one can know for sure and that's why I'm open minded.

The current situation is unsustainable and can't continue for much longer.
There is a veritable wealth of information about this group and none of it is good.
If 777 represent our only hope then there truly is no hope!

People are asking for ideal scenarios here but they don't exist. I find the intense opposition to this a bit weird to be honest, especially considering how the club has been left with no leadership whatsoever now that Moshiri wants out.

We need a takeover ASAP and we just have to hope it works. We cant wait around for this ideal new owner when they probably aren't out there.

Have some self respect lad !

I set today aside to look at this Wander character; you know the scruffy [Poor language removed] in a baseball cap? He really doesn't amount to anything and he is the "managing partner." I wanted to hear some words coming out of his mouth and you can see some of that on Youtube- an interview at Genoa perhaps the best example. So search for that if you haven't already.
No shareholder whose business model is based on exploiting distressed assets has an intrinsic interest in the heart and soul underpinning such assets.

It depends if he now draws a line in under it and says I have my portfolio of clubs to start helping each other. So a club can be boosted by either loaning and/or selling particular players between them, with the bigger clubs' young/diamond in the rough targets being bought by the smaller ones for the few million that teams like Brighton are getting these types for. That's Instead of us paying 30/40 million we usually then get them for and we can pay low teens which boosts the coffers of the feeder teams to help them improve and takes away some of the risk for the ones at the top and save some cash.

Problem is I don't think they'll ever stop and inject some of their cash into what they have and will continue to aimlessly pick up clubs without a grand plan.

I genuinely fear for the future of our club at this moment in time. It's been managed disgracefully and now we're going to let some absolute cowboys take the reins. Looking at the other clubs they own, not being able to pay bills and getting transfer bans, it beggars belief we are even talking to them.
I’m sorry to hear this pal. It beggars belief theres not someone good out there for the famous Everton and its potential. Hopefully the “absolute cowboys” turn out to be an anxiety rather than a reality.

I think you'd be surprised.
I agree with this statement.

There are a lot of positives for Everton FC. Premier League income, history, relative big club, new stadium (sure you can all list more)

There are a few negatives for Everton FC. flirting with Relegation for too long, no investment in good players, cash flow into stadium (sure you can all list more).

777 are gambling that they will get Everton before it falls even further into the abyss. If 777 dont get us, I am sure there will a fair few vultures picking at the bones. Who those vultures are? not a clue but they will be vultures.

If 777 get us, the future isn't bright for quite a while.

Unfortunately, and said it some time ago, I think we are heading for a Coventry type scenario with the stadium.

There is a veritable wealth of information about this group and none of it is good.
If 777 represent our only hope then there truly is no hope!
They have only been involved for a relatively short time at most of the clubs they hold a stake. There is definitely not a wealth of information.

I understand the concerns because the club is in a bad place, but the club needs to be sold asap and it can only be sold to someone who wants to buy. Ideal owners might well not be out there right now, and the current situation is by far the worst option.

They have only been involved for a relatively short time at most of the clubs they hold a stake. There is definitely not a wealth of information.

I understand the concerns because the club is in a bad place, but the club needs to be sold asap and it can only be sold to someone who wants to buy. Ideal owners might well not be out there right now, and the current situation is by far the worst option.
There is plenty of info on how they work as business whether it's football related or not. They are dubious characters and we are just trying to get rid of 2 of those, the last thing we need is more of them. I really hope if they do get in that it's just a quick flip thing to straighten the club out and sell once the stadium is sorted, I don't want Everton being any part of their multi club setup.

I don’t understand the level of complacency over this group.
They have been involved in multiple businesses before they ventured into football acquisition’s , and their record of failing to pay monies owed is extensive.
There are multiple negative observations of their business strategies and performances that predate their involvement in football clubs.
They are not held in high regard by any of their peers in the world of finance.
You can only regard this group as saviours if you close your eyes and ears to the overwhelming evidence to the opposite.
Step back , study the evidence , and the only conclusion is that they will rip the heart and soul out of our club in their rapacious hunt for money.
If these prove to be the only answer then we are truly finished.

I don’t understand the level of complacency over this group.
They have been involved in multiple businesses before they ventured into football acquisition’s , and their record of failing to pay monies owed is extensive.
There are multiple negative observations of their business strategies and performances that predate their involvement in football clubs.
They are not held in high regard by any of their peers in the world of finance.
You can only regard this group as saviours if you close your eyes and ears to the overwhelming evidence to the opposite.
Step back , study the evidence , and the only conclusion is that they will rip the heart and soul out of our club in their rapacious hunt for money.
If these prove to be the only answer then we are truly finished.
I don't agree that there is enough evidence to know if they will be good or not. The only complacency I see is the strong opposition to this when the alternative appears to be Moshiri remaining in control at a time when he either can't or won't provide funds.

When you buy struggling clubs, you can only judge them after a few seasons, and they haven't been at any of these clubs long enough. There are no ideal scenarios out there right now. The least bad scenario for me is getting a takeover as soon as is practically possible, and then moving forward with new leadership, because we currently have no leadership.

If the next owner is only here for the short term with a view to a sale, then I don't necessarily see this as a negative. They won't improve the value of their asset by moving the club backwards. And hopefully we are then in a better position to attract the kind of investment we want. There are no easy answers or quick fixes in our position - this probably takes two or three steps to get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back