Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If?

We've been the most apathetic fanbase going for over 20 years.

The club is an absolute shambles and when people have been calling for protest it's shouted down as 'Kopite Behaviour.'

Kenwrights lies over multiple subjects prompted the blue union to release a transcript of a meeting with Kenwright which should have woken loads up. What happened? His grotesque smug grin is shown on the screen and half the ground stand up and applaud him.

The 27 years group/NSNOW organise protests and what, 2/3k march? Less than 10% of the home support. Two or three times the amount of protesters stood by with a bag of chips, a pint or a mobile phone filming it. The weekend after the season ends, another protest outside the Liver building. A gloriously sunny day..... 150. Believe me, if it was our neighbours the strand would have been closed. TV happy clappers would have bussed in to be part of it.

Make no mistake, apathy has well and truly set in. Don't let the illusion of a packed out Goodison for every game convince you otherwise.

Apathy FC. We're too cool for school. We get angry online but that's about it.
Fair enough- i was more reflecting on the atmosphere inside goodison during the 90 mins and the accusation we’re negatively impacting the players.

Wouldn’t disagree with what you put down.

Just cannot see how these pass the updated fit and proper owner test with all the, to quote Dyche, 'noise' around them.

Then there are the stone cold facts about their delayed payments for the basketball league, their failure to pay transfers for their Brazilian club, now the club being banned from transfers, etc., the individuals' criminal records and all that. Their shady business practices, fans of several of their clubs protesting against them.

The FA will at some point need to show they are following their own rules and this is the perfect opportunity for them to say "We've decided this group would neither benefit Everton nor the Premier and Football Leagues in England in the long-term".

Thankfully I can see the FA putting a stop to it. But I don't know where that would leave us.

There simply have to be groups out there that want to buy a Premier League club with a mega stadium set for completion.

There are only 20 Premier League clubs in the world and most aren't for sale. Of the ones that would be for sale, despite our position, we're by far the biggest and best prospect there is, unless Spurs came out and said they're up for sale.

Fair enough- i was more reflecting on the atmosphere inside goodison during the 90 mins and the accusation we’re negatively impacting the players.

Wouldn’t disagree with what you put down.
I also think the Goodison 'Bearpit' is a long lost fantasy.

It used to be a cracking home ground. The slightest injustice, a crunching tackle on an opposition winger, even a great crossfield ball would excite the crowd and it would build and build.

It's not been like that for years. Granted, I only get to 6 or 7 homes a season nowadays but I'm always a little let down at how flat things are. My last game was Arsenal, obviously there was nothing to fire us up once the game started but it was like a funeral home pre-kick off.

Our issue during the match is we know we're in a fight to survive, not only in the league, but for the next year or two to save the club itself. It inevitably leads to an anxious, nervy atmosphere. Any misplaced pass receives howls of derision. Visiting teams know this, keep us quiet (the fans) and they're half way to a result.

Genuinely, when was the last GREAT Goodison atmosphere? Bournmouth and Palace survival games don't count.

I'm not having a dig, I just think the whole thing is on its arse.

Just cannot see how these pass the updated fit and proper owner test with all the, to quote Dyche, 'noise' around them.

Then there are the stone cold facts about their delayed payments for the basketball league, their failure to pay transfers for their Brazilian club, now the club being banned from transfers, etc., the individuals' criminal records and all that. Their shady business practices, fans of several of their clubs protesting against them.

The FA will at some point need to show they are following their own rules and this is the perfect opportunity for them to say "We've decided this group would neither benefit Everton nor the Premier and Football Leagues in England in the long-term".

Thankfully I can see the FA putting a stop to it. But I don't know where that would leave us.

There simply have to be groups out there that want to buy a Premier League club with a mega stadium set for completion.

There are only 20 Premier League clubs in the world and most aren't for sale. Of the ones that would be for sale, despite our position, we're by far the biggest and best prospect there is, unless Spurs came out and said they're up for sale.
They'll pass it. A consortium of Jack the Ripper, Pol Pot and Bernie Madoff would pass it. It's a joke.

We are the best option with the greatest potential for the right buyers/investors. Why spend £billions on 'established' BIG clubs when they could get us for much less, have a new worldy stadium with prospects of adding to and benefiting from the development of the surrounding infrastructure and turning around a failing giant with a sizeable worldwide fan base. I know these things take time...possibly decades...but Chelsea and Man City have proven it can be done with the proper investment.

I also think the Goodison 'Bearpit' is a long lost fantasy.

It used to be a cracking home ground. The slightest injustice, a crunching tackle on an opposition winger, even a great crossfield ball would excite the crowd and it would build and build.

It's not been like that for years. Granted, I only get to 6 or 7 homes a season nowadays but I'm always a little let down at how flat things are. My last game was Arsenal, obviously there was nothing to fire us up once the game started but it was like a funeral home pre-kick off.

Our issue during the match is we know we're in a fight to survive, not only in the league, but for the next year or two to save the club itself. It inevitably leads to an anxious, nervy atmosphere. Any misplaced pass receives howls of derision. Visiting teams know this, keep us quiet (the fans) and they're half way to a result.

Genuinely, when was the last GREAT Goodison atmosphere? Bournmouth and Palace survival games don't count.

I'm not having a dig, I just think the whole thing is on its arse.
Arsenal in the league last year was decent.
Newcastle and Chelsea home under Lampard too.
Leeds last year when Seamus scored was pretty good. If Beto had got that header to make it 2-2 I think we would have gone on to win which would have been pretty noisy imo.
But it is a bit hit and miss to be fair. The crowd needs action, goals and wins to get and keep going.

Arsenal in the league last year was decent.
Newcastle and Chelsea home under Lampard too.
Leeds last year when Seamus scored was pretty good. If Beto had got that header to make it 2-2 I think we would have gone on to win which would have been pretty noisy imo.
But it is a bit hit and miss to be fair. The crowd needs action, goals and wins to get and keep going.
Fair one.

I wasn't at Arsenal. Pretty sure I went to Chelsea and for a season opener it wasn't THAT great.

Your right though, it's up to the team to help generate at atmosphere. I still say as fans we no longer have the patience for them. We played Luton off the park for 20 minutes Saturday, but as soon as they got the first corner (and we saw how poorly we set up) all the excitement fizzled out and the moaning started.

I guess repeated relegation battles suck the fun out of everything.

Fair one.

I wasn't at Arsenal. Pretty sure I went to Chelsea and for a season opener it wasn't THAT great.

Your right though, it's up to the team to help generate at atmosphere. I still say as fans we no longer have the patience for them. We played Luton off the park for 20 minutes Saturday, but as soon as they got the first corner (and we saw how poorly we set up) all the excitement fizzled out and the moaning started.

I guess repeated relegation battles suck the fun out of everything.
I meant Chelsea when Richarlison scored in the St End in Lampard’s first half season. We simply HAD to win because Burnley had won away at Watford the day before!!! Beating Utd when Gordon scored a couple of weeks before was good too.
You are right though. The patience and tolerance levels are getting pretty low. The sheer length of time the poor run at Goodison is continuing is wearing us out. I can feel myself saving my energy for later in the season when it is really tight again!! At my age I have to pace myself!!!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

daily_heil-banner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back