Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lee Smith,

We need to be clear – there will be no magic wand, nor quick fixes – the path to creating a sustainable business that then translates into on pitch success is laid with hard work and difficult decisions. Our background is in building successful businesses; holding and investing in them for the long term.

Josh
I just picked out the salient bit and translated it:

Dear Lee Smith,

We need to be clear – we are going to change f all and invest nothing – what we plan to do is sell every thing and all your best players so we dont have to pump any money in to your club and keep our asset fat and appreciating while we try and mug you all.. Our background is in robbing and thieving; holding clubs to make a profit and striping them for the long term and charging you management fee and interest repayments for doing so.

As Jerry Maguire once said, "show me the money" baby.

Looking forward to pilfering your once great institution,

Josh

XOXOXO

*You have been charged a fixed fee by 777 for recipt of this email.

I can picture it now, years of finishing mid table deemed a success whilst other clubs widen an already big gap even further and it’s just going to go on and on.

The most tedious club in the league bar none. The worst thing thing about it is you want to be excited about following your club, be genuinely positive and when match day comes around be enthusiastic and look forward to it.

This to me screams of nothing more than making do and anything other then relegation battles deemed something to be content with, like we had in certain seasons under Smith and Moyes, the cycle repeating itself.

Embarrassing. I don’t care what fan groups or shareholders associations endorse them, if they had anything about them they would of called out the none sense years ago but didn’t and a lot only started to say something when they felt they had to after the uproar over the headlock propaganda and didn’t want to be the one left standing.

The Alan Ball quote reeks of someone in the communications department using that for appeasement. It’s patronising.

F off.

This is what conmen do, tell you what you need to know to gain trust....

You just know there will be an army of Evertonians backing 777 after this, Kenwright knows how to play these idiots.
And that is what so disheartening. There will be people now quoting that and saying how good they will be for EFC. The ball is now rolling. A soundbite here and a soundbite there.

As fans we have ZERO input into our ownership. Any other point of view is delusional.

We have two choices

Like it, or
Lump it

Unless one or more of us have sufficient personal wealth to buy the shares, then we just either support the club or not. Wittering on and moaning have so far achieved nothing and it will continue to do so. All protest, all fan participation - everything- has achieved nothing.

Last Saturday was the first time Steve and I attended a match at Goodison Park. We stood in anticipation of the whistle as the “Spirit of the Blues” turned into the siren and Z-Cars, as the fans welcomed the team to the pitch. Despite the outcome, the experience of being in the stadium and the unwavering support of the Goodison crowd reinforced our commitment to this great club.

The opportunity to potentially assume ownership of Everton Football Club is one of the most profound we will have, both as investors and individuals. We approach it knowing we would carry the immense responsibility of 145 years of history and as a founding member of the Football League and Premier League. Throughout Everton’s history, the one constant has always been the people behind The People’s Club. It is, with that appreciation and awareness, that I write to you directly for the first time.

As Alan Ball famously said, “Once Everton has touched you, nothing will be the same”. Though our time on Merseyside has been brief, we feel that to be true. We also know that more of the same is not enough. Nothing but the best will do for Everton. On behalf of 777, Steve and I commit to work relentlessly to that end.

Josh
KLANG!!

Well I don’t know about everyone else, but I feel like these lads “get us”.

Couldn't take anything positive out of that email at all. Long winded way of saying it is going to be very slow and so it is ok if we lose every game for the rest of the season. They can k'off with the quotes pretending to get us as well. I don't want to be got, i just want to support a good football club again and not be embarrassed every week.

More communication from these guys in the last few weeks than Moshiri and Kenwright have in nearly 2 years

Couldn't take anything positive out of that email at all. Long winded way of saying it is going to be very slow and so it is ok if we lose every game for the rest of the season. They can k'off with the quotes pretending to get us as well. I don't want to be got, i just want to support a good football club again and not be embarrassed every week.
How did you manage to get that from what he said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back