Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many stadiums have they seperated from their other clubs? Seen Genoa and vasco fans praise them for how they’re turning their clubs around.
None of their other clubs are building a new stadium costing almost £1bn with a football team who have been floundering in the most lucrative football league in the world. Vasco play their home games across 2 stadiums so it's unlikely they own both stadiums - their 'home' ground holds just over 20,000 and is as old if not older than Goodison and they use the Maracana as a 'home' ground depending who they're playing because of spectator capacity in their 'home' ground. As far as I know, Genoa's ground is as inaccessible and limited in facilities as Goodison so there is nothing in it for 777 as a separate concern.

777 see Everton as a business, nothing else (they have said as much). BMD has billions and billions of pounds/ dollars profit written all over it for years to come. Why would 777 let Everton Football Club have sole and exclusive access to all that filthy lucre? If they get in, they can do what they want, it's their business.

There are magic wands though. Newcastle were absolute certs to be relegated the season of their takeover - i often wonder why Burnley etc didn't write to the PL about it and i never see that commented on in terms of sporting integrity.

Basically these lads are saying you arent getting a cent from us.

There's no magic its proper business , correct people in the correct places

Thats more to do with who owns us now and the chairman more than what 777 have to offer.

I think its says more about the current regime than the potential new one.
I'd read a little more a out what 777 are about mate, of I were you. But I take your point

Reactions: JLW
Well it’s at least a communication to the fans, something we’ve seen too little of in the past two years .
And it includes the model they use to operate under. You may love it or hate it , but does anybody have a clue as to what model Moshiri/Bill have been operating under?

Anyone else watching Genoa later, just out of curiosity, their form has turned around recently as well.....

Draw with Napoli 2-2
Lost to Lecce 1-0 but had a player sent off
Beat Roma 4-1
Drew with Udinese 2-2

They play AC MIlan on TNT Sports 1, channel 410 on SKY

1696704101013.webp

"All 777 portfolio companies benefit from a shared service model where they can access best-in-class resources from the holding company. That’s the approach we take across all our clubs at 777- with central shared resources for player recruitment"

Above is the corporate buzz-word bingo from their message to us all earlier today. Below are links to the current squads and their market value for Genoa, Vasco da Gama, Standard Liege and Hertha Berlin - our shared resources. Looks like Jonjoe on loan for next season it is then!

"All 777 portfolio companies benefit from a shared service model where they can access best-in-class resources from the holding company. That’s the approach we take across all our clubs at 777- with central shared resources for player recruitment"

Above is the corporate buzz-word bingo from their message to us all earlier today. Below are links to the current squads and their market value for Genoa, Vasco da Gama, Standard Liege and Hertha Berlin - our shared resources. Looks like Jonjoe on loan for next season it is then!

In theory the model could work, what can Everton do as a stand alone club against the biggest clubs in the world at the top of our league... all have massive massive budgets.

Being in a group with shared resources, all these clubs sharing data and scouting etc could give us a competitive advantage. Take Brighton, where does their data come from, I`m not sure the club do it in-house.

From that point of view the link ups could be beneficial..... I just don`t trust the guys that run it, by that I don`t think they can fford to buy the club, they can`t afford to clear the debt and I don`t think they can afford to finish the stadium. They have assets worth over £10bn, the money will be borrowed against them, the purchase price of the club will be paid for by the club. They certainly won`t be putting money in for players, hence the words `no magic wand` or `quick fixes`. To get the club profitable there will need to be more players shed from this squad as the wage bill is still too high, I wonder what quality of players we might attract with a structure within our means, they certainly will never be world beaters or proven high quality.

We will probably see Everton distance itself from the Goodison legacy and instead sell that land, it also wouldn`t surprise me to see the stadium sold off with us as tenants. As a club we won`t own anything, remember we don`t own our training ground.

I might well be wrong but I don`t think they will be right for Everton, they simply haven`t got the resources to own a Premier League club. In Genoa they asked the fans to stump up the money to build the training ground....

All we can do is see how this pans out, there isn`t a shred of difference any of us could make...

I meant to also say, have a good look at the squads of these clubs as this is where we will be buying our players from for the forseeable future if 777 get in. I would say most of these players would jump at the chance of playing in the PL and they will come cheap(er) than we would find ourselves. Most players we buy from here on in will initially have been bought to play for one of these 4 clubs because they will not have their pants pulled down over price because they are not in the PL. They can then be sold to us either at a small or large profit with the funds never leaving the holding company but which increases the value of their portfolio. It's called (or used to be called) cross-firing of funds which makes it appear the holding company has more 'stock' or value than it actually does.

We might also see more academy players in the first team squad instead of going out on loan as they cost next to nothing, which might mean we'll end up with a Bielsa-type manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back