Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That last tweet makes little sense to me. They're not allowed take over the club, but rather than pay them back what they're owed, they'd be given a large percentage of the club in shares. Surely if they're blocked from taking over, giving them shares should be off the table.

I believe the testing only applies to shareholders above 30%. So they're saying that the 80 million won't amount to more than 30% of the club.

777 as minority shareholders could be the best outcome. Their money is already in, we won't be waiting for it.
Not sure how that’s a good outcome myself. Look who that leaves in charge.
We now owe MSP £140m, R&M about £200m, 777 £80m, and who knows who else….?

and how much more to finish Bramley Moore? Another £200m?

The numbers are mind boggling to be honest.

Not sure how that’s a good outcome myself. Look who that leaves in charge.
We now owe MSP £140m, R&M about £200m, 777 £80m, and who knows who else….?

and how much more to finish Bramley Moore? Another £200m?

The numbers are mind boggling to be honest.

I said best, not good. It's relative to where we are.

We wouldn't owe 777, that's equity.

The amount of money needed is what it is, it was going to cost this much regardless of who owned the club.

Everything Neville says about utd's failure easily applies to us. The only thing is we're sorting out the stadium issue. Question is if we get 777 do these owners still create the noise that makes success difficult just because of the problems they keep running into.

Everything Neville says about utd's failure easily applies to us. The only thing is we're sorting out the stadium issue. Question is if we get 777 do these owners still create the noise that makes success difficult just because of the problems they keep running into.

The stadium will be a night and day improvement, but its not the best. Its capacity limits that. But 777 will never strive to be the best because for them football is a means to profit, and when we're up against nation state clubs where profit means absolutely nothing, its a pretty hopeless battle. We might pick up the odd trophy if we play well above ourselves, but its going to be very rare. And whether we can keep the fanbase onside and onboard until that rare event happens.. I'm not sure.

The stadium will be a night and day improvement, but its not the best. Its capacity limits that. But 777 will never strive to be the best because for them football is a means to profit, and when we're up against nation state clubs where profit means absolutely nothing, its a pretty hopeless battle. We might pick up the odd trophy if we play well above ourselves, but its going to be very rare. And whether we can keep the fanbase onside and onboard until that rare event happens.. I'm not sure.

If capacity was the overriding factor then Neville wouldn't have said utd don't even have a stadium that gets to the top 10 in the country.

Fwiw I agree it won't be the best the country but I feel you're taking the point too literally. What it means is it is up there, it's a facility of a high standard, it gives the players a sense of excellence to enable them to perform to their very best. If you compare the changing room in BMD to Goodison you'll see how much a giant leap it will be, they'll have their own warm up track, much better and bigger hydro equipment etc. Just like if you put on a smart suit it can elevate your persona this is merely an extension of that.

Finch Farm is up there, so is our HQ within the Liver Building, Goodison is the odd one out that feels it is built for the 1960-80's footballer. Neville is kind of saying that about OT although least that gets into the 90's.

The Glazers still have a £9billion valued asset though.

777 don't have that with us. They will however have an £1bill asset in the club they put on their investment portfolio to boost it.

What they'll want to do is create a functional and financially solid asset to them flip. They make increase its value by half a billion, that'll be seen as a success.

If capacity was the overriding factor then Neville wouldn't have said utd don't even have a stadium that gets to the top 10 in the country.

Fwiw I agree it won't be the best the country but I feel you're taking the point too literally. What it means is it is up there, it's a facility of a high standard, it gives the players a sense of excellence to enable them to perform to their very best. If you compare the changing room in BMD to Goodison you'll see how much a giant leap it will be, they'll have their own warm up track, much better and bigger hydro equipment etc. Just like if you put on a smart suit it can elevate your persona this is merely an extension of that.

Finch Farm is up there, so is our HQ within the Liver Building, Goodison is the odd one out that feels it is built for the 1960-80's footballer. Neville is kind of saying that about OT although least that gets into the 90's.

And I'm ok with that. Capacity isn't the overriding factor, but it is an important one. The videos of Finch Farm I've seen haven't really impressed me, it looks somewhat basic, but I'm no expert in this, and I don't know what the competition's training centers are like by comparison. My fear might be that with costs increasing, cutbacks will have been made that will only be seen once its opened, but again, its a huge leap forward by comparison whatever state its in once it opens.

Its one element though, and the debt we're in as a result, will limit what we can do with the other elements as mentioned. We only need to look over the road and see how financially obsessed US owners behave and prioritize profit and shareholder value over what happens on the field. Thats going to be where the biggest bottleneck will be. They've been doing it for longer, and have a better starting position than us now. Even catching them, never mind the nation state clubs will be almost impossible.

The Glazers still have a £9billion valued asset though.

777 don't have that with us. They will however have an £1bill asset in the club they put on their investment portfolio to boost it.

What they'll want to do is create a functional and financially solid asset to them flip. They make increase its value by half a billion, that'll be seen as a success.
I don’t believe this is true.
They can make money season on season out of the club while doing nothing .
They can raise money against the club.
And all the available evidence suggests they lack the the money to invest in the club.
They don’t even have the finances to build Genoa their new training facility, relying instead on persuading the fans and locals to pay for it !
They are clearly already stretched financially, hence the amount of missing or late payments that plague them.

And all the available evidence suggests they lack the the money to invest in the club.
They don’t even have the finances to build Genoa their new training facility, relying instead on persuading the fans and locals to pay for it !
They are clearly already stretched financially, hence the amount of missing or late payments that plague them.
So no difference to the current owner then

They won't invest in the squad, thats true. They will most likely invest in things that will secure the investment/value (stadium, sponsorships etc).

As for the Genoa thing...it was for their youth and women's academy not the first team. Additionally clubs like Norwich and QPR have done the exact same thing (both raised £5mill and £9mill via fans). To me that is a case of if you can, why not do it? If your fanbase is will to give the clubs up to £10mill to build something...why not?

I don't promote it. But to me while it's debatable if they do or don't have the money (the PL and FCA will confirm that) what isn't debatable is that they're tight arses that will do anything other than pump money in if they don't have to

And I don't think they can make money while doing nothing when our turnover ATM doesn't even cover operating costs (could be wrong).

Glazers make money by doing nothing cos United's turnover is £600mill a year.

They have to improve things off the field, increase commercials, lower the debt over time. They'll probably do that while not investing in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back