777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club were to go into Administration, I would think that BM would potentially/probably be 'sold' off to a stadium management company who would run it, and in effect rent it back to the club... assuming the club were to be rescued.
Instead of the club owning its own stadium, the club would become tenants and rent it.
Basically like Coventry

Yeah, I understand the logic from the investors point of view of waiting to pick us up from an administrator. It's still a terrible outcome from the point of view of any supporter wanting to watch semi-decent Premier League football at the new stadium in the next few years.

These investors circling may be more credible than 777, their strategy may (from the point of view of their own investment) be sensible, but we should not confuse that with necessarily being the best thing for the football team or us fans thereof. It's also a pretty major asterisk to be applied when we are told by those "in the know" that their are other parties out there- if they are waiting for administration they aren't exactly the white knights some might perceive.

Indeed if the league do believe the alternative scenario plays out as you say it may well be the reason 777 have not yet been rejected, as the league do not want to be perceived as driving a club into administration. Which goes back to my point, that if there were investors willing to buy from Moshiri rather than from administrators they should identify themselves so the league are comfortable rejecting 777. If there are no such investors then it's a very unpalatable choice either way!
First one... I'd personally prefer a white knight who doesn't pay over the odds in the first place and uses their money to invest into the club professionally.

Second one... investors willing to buy is one thing - getting Moshiri to sell is another. He is believed to have rejected offers prior to getting into bed with 777 - don't forget that MSP thought they had an agreement in place and then Moshiri switched camps to 777 and look how that has gone so far.

Don't paint any white knight too darkly mate - Moshiri is the real problem and it's with him that the blame for this horrorshow lies.

If the club were to go into Administration, I would think that BM would potentially/probably be 'sold' off to a stadium management company who would run it, and in effect rent it back to the club... assuming the club were to be rescued.
Instead of the club owning its own stadium, the club would become tenants and rent it.
Might be wrong but think someone said the planning agreement it was only for the football club might be wrong

First one... I'd personally prefer a white knight who doesn't pay over the odds in the first place and uses their money to invest into the club professionally.

Second one... investors willing to buy is one thing - getting Moshiri to sell is another. He is believed to have rejected offers prior to getting into bed with 777 - don't forget that MSP thought they had an agreement in place and then Moshiri switched camps to 777 and look how that has gone so far.

Don't paint any white knight too darkly mate - Moshiri is the real problem and it's with him that the blame for this horrorshow lies.
On this we most certainly agree.

Honestly Andy do you think we go into administration

Yeah, I understand the logic from the investors point of view of waiting to pick us up from an administrator. It's still a terrible outcome from the point of view of any supporter wanting to watch semi-decent Premier League football at the new stadium in the next few years.

These investors circling may be more credible than 777, their strategy may (from the point of view of their own investment) be sensible, but we should not confuse that with necessarily being the best thing for the football team or us fans thereof. It's also a pretty major asterisk to be applied when we are told by those "in the know" that their are other parties out there- if they are waiting for administration they aren't exactly the white knights some might perceive.

Indeed if the league do believe the alternative scenario plays out as you say it may well be the reason 777 have not yet been rejected, as the league do not want to be perceived as driving a club into administration. Which goes back to my point, that if there were investors willing to buy from Moshiri rather than from administrators they should identify themselves so the league are comfortable rejecting 777. If there are no such investors then it's a very unpalatable choice either way!
Sadly mate, if the club were to go into Administration, then there's an automatic 9-point deduction and given where we are in the PL table now... unless the first 10-point deduction were completely reversed and there's no other deduction from the second changes, we are staring relegation squarely in the face.
Honestly Andy do you think we go into administration
Sadly mate, yes I fear that it will happen.

Sadly mate, if the club were to go into Administration, then there's an automatic 9-point deduction and given where we are in the PL table now... unless the first 10-point deduction were completely reversed and there's no other deduction from the second changes, we are staring relegation squarely in the face.

Sadly mate, yes I fear that it will happen.
You know what Andy I was at the early protest like yourself when only a couple of hundred at best turned up lads feared this might happen.few thousand now sad.

Our appeal should be based on the Premier League’s approval of Moshiri as a fit and proper person to own the club.

He clearly never was. I call my first witnesses, Mr Moshiri and his Voodoo Queen.

You know what Andy I was at the early protest like yourself when only a couple of hundred at best turned up lads feared this might happen.few thousand now sad.
Yes mate, and some/many/all of those that attended that first protest were laughed at and ridiculed by lots of the fan base.

And the Spellow Lane marches also saw lots of Blues prefer to abstain - that, of course, was their right to do so but, there’s no excuse for those that stood, watched and mocked those that did march.

Last edited:
I said the same last week but was informed that this cannot happen. Apparently the lease we have taken out on Bramley Moore Dock from Peel, states the stadium can only ever be owned by the club. It can not be sold to a third party or we would be in breach of the leasing conditions with Peel.

I said the same last week but was informed that this cannot happen. Apparently the lease we have taken out on Bramley Moore Dock from Peel, states the stadium can only ever be owned by the club. It can not be sold to a third party or we would be in breach of the leasing conditions with Peel.

Leases and agreements can be changed if both parties wish to.

If the club went into admin (which I still believe will not happen) Peel L&P would not sit watching a smart facility rot over the years while the phoenix EFC scambled around to ground share or play to restricted crowds at GP.

How this affects the original planning permission I know not.

Might be wrong but think someone said the planning agreement it was only for the football club might be wrong

No the planning agreement doesn't touch on ownership issues

The long lease will allow change of ownership provisions - it has to as no company can foresee what may happen in 50 yrs time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back