Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we think 777 will pay off the creditors and wholly own the club, albeit no doubt via a different lender?

IF it's true, unless they have real money (they don't), they'll leverage. And clubs all agreed this year to put a cap on leveraged buys.

So yeah, they could borrow the money against the club to pay off creditors. But it still means that the money is put as debt on the club like how the Glazers bought United.

I don't think these fellers have the flex to do what Boelhy did with Chelsea and just ask JP Morgan etc to borrow close to a billion and not load it on to the club.

How much worse than Moshiri could it get?

If 777 are a bunch of greedy sharks, then I'd suggest they're more likely to invest to assure our Premier League survival and stability, so they can get a return on their investment when they come to sell us. Otherwise they'll bleed money.

It's not like we're regularly in the top 8 and looking to challenge for honours, in which case this type of investment would be more worrisome.

If this transaction means the end of Bill Kenwright FC, I'll gladly welcome our new money-driven greed merchants.

My biggest issue with these guys isn't particularly their personal shady past, it's that I don't believe they'll give 2 shites about the footballing side of things and will only care about commercial side (without realising that the both are as important as each other)
I just can't imagine them paying off all the debts and commiting to the improvements needed in our recruitment team and player purchases.
They'd be like 'how much we gotta pay for that player!!! 20 million !!! Stuff that, you get 5 million tops to buy a left back"
And... "we'd get £30 mill for onana!! Sell sell, money in the bank"

Let's take the Forbes £600mill valuation then.

Leveraged buy outs are capped at a rumoured 65% of the clubs value.

777 would need under £400mill to hit the cap which is debt straight on the club.

It's a bit odd why Moshiri can't find multiple investors at £200mill a pop and give them 30% each.
Man utd according to Forbes are valued at $6 Billion.
They were up for sale offers over $10 Billion and close to getting that.

£600 million doesn't even get you the stadium mate.

My biggest issue with these guys isn't particularly their personal shady past, it's that I don't believe they'll give 2 shites about the footballing side of things and will only care about commercial side (without realising that the both are as important as each other)
I just can't imagine them paying off all the debts and commiting to the improvements needed in our recruitment team and player purchases.
They'd be like 'how much we gotta pay for that player!!! 20 million !!! Stuff that, you get 5 million tops to buy a left back"
And... "we'd get £30 mill for onana!! Sell sell, money in the bank"

Considering we're easily one of the worst teams in the league and have narrowly avoided relegation for the last 2 years, with another relegation battle already commencing this year, that approach would undoubtedly end in relegation and then they'd lose all of their investment and then some.

They would simply have to invest in the squad to get some semblance of competitiveness back and protect our Premier League status.

That's why I think this type of investment is less risky than if we were in someone like Aston Villa or Brighton's shoes - they have more breathing room if a gang of asset strippers bought them out. We have zero breathing room for that type of nonsense.

Surely it's not just the stadium though? There's land a plenty on that docks for hotels and other profitable avenues that could be exploited by new owners?

What stadium? It isn't even built

Will require in the region of another 200 million to finish the build as well.

Future TV money is mortaged to the tune of 200 million.

Last set of accounts the wages to turnover ratio was 90%

Last 5 years of accounts is 400 million pound loss.

Club is money pit for losses, no way anyone is paying north of 400 million for it.

No way at all.

I dont pretend to know all this finance stuff, but are huge interest payments not included in our accounts and why we constantly post terrible accounts despite very little spend on players for last couple of seasons now?

Not sure of what relevance it is but a few years ago Everton hired some fella to grow the American fan base. He was based out of Miami, of course, no American toffee could tell you his name or have ever heard of him. He was probably responsible for the huge promotion of James in the US. That only happened in 2 places, NYC and Miami.
Everton have had a weird connection with Miami for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back