Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
how on earth can it be within UEFAs rules that one company outright owns Standard, Red star, Genoa, and Everton? How do transfers work? Next thing it'll be like F1 with drivers following team orders.

It's on the league's "next thing to look at" after you've got Newcastle, City, Bournemouth, all owning multiple sides.

People say that 777 don’t have a good track record with football clubs. What is the evidence of this, they have stakes in 7 clubs. Are any of them in a worse state or run as bay as Everton?
Hello there. I live in Berlin. Fancy accompanying me to a half-empty Olympiastadion (capacity 78,000) for this weekend's second division match and a chat about how well our tiny neighbours, Union Berlin, are doing as they challenge for the Bundesliga title and prepare to play Real Madrid in the Champions League in our home stadium (which was sold out a month before the draw was even made)?

So from the outright own...

They bought Genoa in September 2021. Genoa were relegated May 2022.
Standard Liege fans are causing murder towards their ownership.
No clue about Red Star.

777 need legging - I just hope my gut feeling that investment/takeover will come from elsewhere is right.

I mean, the bloke refers to himself in third person.

The article about the aviation investments they have is a massive red flag and when a writer who has published books about owners in football says this you have to worry.

how on earth can it be within UEFAs rules that one company outright owns Standard, Red star, Genoa, and Everton? How do transfers work? Next thing it'll be like F1 with drivers following team orders.
Only an issue if two teams are in the same European competition and we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We want Moshiri out of the club and some will say sell to whoever comes in they will be better than Moshiri and of course Moshiri has had the rug pulled
from under him so he doesn't have any more cash. Fair enough. Yet people criticising others not wanting 777 like 'what more do you want'?

Reminds me of the lazy pro-big 6 / Scab 6 pundits when Everton have finished 8th saying "what more do you want?".

For a start, the only thing we can do is protest and be vocal about it. Sadly we don't have a choice really who Moshiri sells to.

What we do want is Everton to function better. We want a better Everton. A club that runs better takes care of its finances, its spending, in a appropriate professional business like fashion. We want a club that wants to improve itself, and raise the standards. We want a new board, a new CEO and a new chairman. We want a club that throws down challenges and targets. An Everton that will in the not to distant future be challenging for the title, be in cup finals be in Europe and win things.

This is not how Everton have been run under Moshiri and for all the "good times" under Kenwright before him, the club merely existed. Making up the numbers.

Now bring us 777 and compare. What are they going to bring to the table and how will they benefit us? By all accounts, I don't see that kind of owner
wanting to turn the club around and bring back some glory. More just another one to add to their portfolio.

Hey ho. We might lose Moshiri but still every chance we keep an old friend. Old Bill.

Ah. Better the devil you know, they say.

If, and it's a big if, in my opinion, this takeover goes ahead, I take from it one crumb of comfort. They will know they are buying in to a club in turmoil, a club where the fans hate the owner and chairman and a club where the fans certainly don't want 777 partners as owners. This being the case, surely somebody at 777 will realize that punting the liar Kenwright as far from the club as possible, will win them some 'Brownie points'.

All that being said, I really hope this is all baloney and that there is no chance of them taking over.

Dont the two announcements/stories today contradict each other. The noisy 777 story with no quotes and the quiet factual "Everton/moshiri have taken out and recieved a £100m loan from MSP to help fund the stadium."

What we need is an organised and concerted online campaign to stop this happening.
Target their financial backers, their other financial interests etc and we can put enough pressure on to stop this happening.
If we want to…

What we need is an organised and concerted online campaign to stop this happening.
Target their financial backers, their other financial interests etc and we can put enough pressure on to stop this happening.
If we want to…
From my understanding and its only what ive read over the last few days, they have no financial backers, they are self-financing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back