777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mosh checked out the day the day the UK gov started considering his paymaster as persona non grata.
Safe to say he (or Uzzy) won’t be putting another brass razzoo into Everton.
As for whether it’s a binary decision or not, I tend to think it is. Anyone else interested (if they even exist) is waiting for administration it would appear, so 777 or admin it is unfortunately.
Personally in those circumstances I’d rather 777 than the alternitve.
Admin would be catastrophic for the club imho, and that’s saying something given how bad things appear currently 😢
777 would ward off administration in the short term but long term, as has been proven in many of their other businesses and football clubs, they do not or can not keep up with their repayments which will ultimately lead to administration. Don`t forget this business model is being squeezed, they can no longer benefit with loans from 777re or ACAP, in the case of ACAP they are calling all their loans in.

777 debt stands at $3.6bn... That figure will be over $4bn once they have purchased Everton, 777 do not have wealthy backers, they rely on buying assets and then borrowing against them, just read about Wander and Steve Pasko and what they did previous to 777. They both have experience in Structured Asset Funding, but the lack of investors and their bad name within the investment sector now means they have to rely on borrowings, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Interest on current loans & debts, plus interest for loans 777 have already put in to Everton and to buy Everton (Like the Glazers have done) will mean that the monthly amount we are paying in servicing debt will negate the uplift of moving to BMD, I believe from that point of view they will sell the stadium to finance Everton, in the short term it will clear the debt burden but massively massively impact the club negatively long term, losing out on non match day revenue.

As people say, they are businessmen, they don`t care about Everton or Evertonians just like Moshiri doesn`t... They have no money of their own, all the money they put in, have been and will be loans which will come with industrial interest rates.

I`m probably wasting my time here as clearly you are pro 777 and will not listen to anything anyway.

777 would ward off administration in the short term but long term, as has been proven in many of their other businesses and football clubs, they do not or can not keep up with their repayments which will ultimately lead to administration. Don`t forget this business model is being squeezed, they can no longer benefit with loans from 777re or ACAP, in the case of ACAP they are calling all their loans in.

777 debt stands at $3.6bn... That figure will be over $4bn once they have purchased Everton, 777 do not have wealthy backers, they rely on buying assets and then borrowing against them, just read about Wander and Steve Pasko and what they did previous to 777. They both have experience in Structured Asset Funding, but the lack of investors and their bad name within the investment sector now means they have to rely on borrowings, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Interest on current loans & debts, plus interest for loans 777 have already put in to Everton and to buy Everton (Like the Glazers have done) will mean that the monthly amount we are paying in servicing debt will negate the uplift of moving to BMD, I believe from that point of view they will sell the stadium to finance Everton, in the short term it will clear the debt burden but massively massively impact the club negatively long term, losing out on non match day revenue.

As people say, they are businessmen, they don`t care about Everton or Evertonians just like Moshiri doesn`t... They have no money of their own, all the money they put in, have been and will be loans which will come with industrial interest rates.

I`m probably wasting my time here as clearly you are pro 777 and will not listen to anything anyway.
Less pro 777 and more anti admin tbh, but I’d take them over an as yet unnamed outfit that would prefer us to go into administration before showing their hand.
Equally if push came to shove I’d rather we went into administration in a year or two under 777 than this season. At least it gives 2 years for anything else to rock up.
If nothing else 777 want some form of ‘success’ for their investment to reap some sort of dividend.

I hope it is.

It’s not. Moshiri told us last year in the FAB interview that he could finish the stadium himself, he’s since proceeded to take out £500m worth of loans to pay for it as well as keep the club running. So he’s a liar and has no intention of investing any of his own money into the business he owns. He’s also had 8 years to appoint competent people to the board and has yet to bother doing it so I have no idea why people think he’d start now.

There is no future for this football club under Moshiri.

Mosh checked out the day the day the UK gov started considering his paymaster as persona non grata.
Safe to say he (or Uzzy) won’t be putting another brass razzoo into Everton.
As for whether it’s a binary decision or not, I tend to think it is. Anyone else interested (if they even exist) is waiting for administration it would appear, so 777 or admin it is unfortunately.
Personally in those circumstances I’d rather 777 than the alternitve.
Admin would be catastrophic for the club imho, and that’s saying something given how bad things appear currently 😢
777 and administration are two sides of the same coin , both severely limit Everton’s future prospects.
777 lack the funds to own or administer a PL club , the more so with Government regulators now coming in.
They will find that missing or deferring due payments will come at a heavier cost than they have had to pay elsewhere.
Just to remain the miserable mid table team we have become requires immediate investment in playing , coaching and club staff .
777 offer a future similar to that which Kenwright delivered , no money for betterment, everything mortgaged to the hilt or sold on, no prospect of progression.
But 777 have the added nasty little kick that they will be unapologetically lining their own pockets at our expense.
They have already illustrated their regard for the pursuit of sporting success when they withdraw the London Lions from European competition because of cost , despite them progressing further in the competition than any British team had hitherto.
Really , who would want an organisation with a sporting ethos like this anywhere near their club ?

Less pro 777 and more anti admin tbh, but I’d take them over an as yet unnamed outfit that would prefer us to go into administration before showing their hand.
Equally if push came to shove I’d rather we went into administration in a year or two under 777 than this season. At least it gives 2 years for anything else to rock up.
If nothing else 777 want some form of ‘success’ for their investment to reap some sort of dividend.
What ‘success’ do 777 require ?
Survival in the PL ?
That isn’t success in any form .
How many times have we seen rapacious capitalist investors take over businesses under the pretence of ‘saving ‘ them , only to bleed them dry of every asset and revenue stream they can before callously discarding them and vanishing into the mist with full pockets?
777 are cut from the very same cloth , sport is just another host for these parasites to feed off.

I do understand where you are coming from...

I`d hope anyone looking at buying Everton, once it got to approval stage, would get the same amount of analysis as 777 have.

There is reasons even the PL won`t approve these as new owners, I think they have genuine concerns.

The issue with any interested owner, is what are their standards? We have been that starved of success in the last 30 years, that any new potential owner/investor probably thinks that top 10 and a decent cup run is the pinnacle of success for us. Outside of the immediate existential threat we face, I think the prospect of getting a driven and ambitious owner who want to win trophies and Champions League is remote and I suspect the same applies to 777. This means we are always likely to be restricted in generating our own increased revenue.

They also simply do not have their own source of wealth as they invest other’s money so it 1. Makes that far more expensive for us as a club and 2. Makes is far less sustainable. Yes, if they get approval they may well get us out of immediate trouble but what are the longer term prospects like without them pillaging the club (and it’s only playing assets they could really pillage or utilise the stadium as leverage)

What ‘success’ do 777 require ?
Survival in the PL ?

That isn’t success in any form .
How many times have we seen rapacious capitalist investors take over businesses under the pretence of ‘saving ‘ them , only to bleed them dry of every asset and revenue stream they can before callously discarding them and vanishing into the mist with full pockets?
777 are cut from the very same cloth , sport is just another host for these parasites to feed off.
Imo that is success compared to administration, in our current situation.
-9 more points and god knows how long in the championship (or worse) or 777 trying to keep us in the prem, and let face it, they aren’t putting millions of £ in to have us fail.
I’m no fan of 777, but for me it’s better than what I personally believe is the only alternative right now.
We stay up, become a functioning, hopefully stable epl club (with BMD) under 777 and who know who might come knocking in a year or two.
What the worst that could happen? We delay what seems to be inevitable for a couple more years 🤷🏻‍♂️

Imo that is success compared to administration, in our current situation.
-9 more points and god knows how long in the championship (or worse) or 777 trying to keep us in the prem, and let face it, they aren’t putting millions of £ in to have us fail.
I’m no fan of 777, but for me it’s better than what I personally believe is the only alternative right now.
We stay up, become a functioning, hopefully stable epl club (with BMD) under 777 and who know who might come knocking in a year or two.
What the worst that could happen? We delay what seems to be inevitable for a couple more years 🤷🏻‍♂️
To me what you are hoping for is stagnation and a slow death by starvation of resources.
You disbelieve multiple journalists who state that there are other interested parties, yet believe that someone will appear in the future ( and that 777 will choose to sell) .
By the time that future arrives, I believe we will be so loaded by debt incurred by 777 ownership that we will be even more unattractive than you believe us to be now.
If 777 are the only answer then Everton are effectively dead anyway.
777 aren’t the saviour knocking on the door they are the priest come to read the last rites .

To me what you are hoping for is stagnation and a slow death by starvation of resources.
You disbelieve multiple journalists who state that there are other interested parties, yet believe that someone will appear in the future ( and that 777 will choose to sell) .
By the time that future arrives, I believe we will be so loaded by debt incurred by 777 ownership that we will be even more unattractive than you believe us to be now.
If 777 are the only answer then Everton are effectively dead anyway.
777 aren’t the saviour knocking on the door they are the priest come to read the last rites .
No quite sure how you characterise what I’m saying as ‘hoping for stagnation’, far from it, I’m hoping for success. I don’t see that happening under 777, but I also think it’s even further from reach if we go into administration.
As for other parties waiting in the wings, I hope there is, I hope there is a benevolent billionaire benefactor going to buy us and sue the EPL for preventing them spending their billions on us winning the league. However if they’re an outfit waiting for us to go into administration to hoover us up for next to nothing in the championship, they’re even bigger shysters than 777 imo.
Are you hoping we go in to administration? I doubt it, so I suspect we both want the same thing which is success for Everton and to avoid administration and the inevitable relegation that comes with it.

No quite sure how you characterise what I’m saying as ‘hoping for stagnation’, far from it, I’m hoping for success. I don’t see that happening under 777, but I also think it’s even further from reach if we go into administration.
As for other parties waiting in the wings, I hope there is, I hope there is a benevolent billionaire benefactor going to buy us and sue the EPL for preventing them spending their billions on us winning the league. However if they’re an outfit waiting for us to go into administration to hoover us up for next to nothing in the championship, they’re even bigger shysters than 777 imo.
Are you hoping we go in to administration? I doubt it, so I suspect we both want the same thing which is success for Everton and to avoid administration and the inevitable relegation that comes with it.
I don’t hope for a benevolent billionaire necessarily but for an astute businessperson or group who are willing to invest in the club not only in players but in the back room structure that will allow us to improve and modernise .
It doesn’t follow that just because any interested party hasn’t introduced themselves to the supporters as of yet that they are waiting for us to go into administration.
It needs to be remembered that at this moment we are sold pending approval. It is also clear that the price 777 are prepared to pay ( albeit via expensive third party loans ) is far in excess of the clubs real value.
There can be little mileage in declaring an interest for less then the price of an already agreed sale.
If and ( I hope) when 777 and Moshiri finally admit defeat in trying to complete this dubious transaction , then that will be the time for other groups to declare an interest with a more realistic valuation.
I suspect MSP will again be one of those groups .

I don’t hope for a benevolent billionaire necessarily but for an astute businessperson or group who are willing to invest in the club not only in players but in the back room structure that will allow us to improve and modernise .
It doesn’t follow that just because any interested party hasn’t introduced themselves to the supporters as of yet that they are waiting for us to go into administration.
It needs to be remembered that at this moment we are sold pending approval. It is also clear that the price 777 are prepared to pay ( albeit via expensive third party loans ) is far in excess of the clubs real value.
There can be little mileage in declaring an interest for less then the price of an already agreed sale.
If and ( I hope) when 777 and Moshiri finally admit defeat in trying to complete this dubious transaction , then that will be the time for other groups to declare an interest with a more realistic valuation.
I suspect MSP will again be one of those groups .
I’d take that all day long over 777 too.
Thing is I can’t for the life of me see what any other interested party has to lose by declaring an interest. In fact they have everything to gain esp in terms of a ground swell of fan support if they look a more attractive option than 777. Optimists like myself would drop any begrudging support of 777 in a heartbeat. That of course doesn’t equate to mosh dropping the deal but it would certainly put more pressure on them and maybe even sway the EPL (who I firmly believe will ultimately wave 777 through)
I might be mistaken but there’s nothing in the public domain that says what this overvalued deal price is, certainly that I’ve seen of any substance, so again why not publicise you interest and intent?
They would be under zero obligation or benift to keep quiet. Unless they are waiting for administration, which brings me back to my original position 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d take that all day long over 777 too.
Thing is I can’t for the life of me see what any other interested party has to lose by declaring an interest. In fact they have everything to gain esp in terms of a ground swell of fan support if they look a more attractive option than 777. Optimists like myself would drop any begrudging support of 777 in a heartbeat. That of course doesn’t equate to mosh dropping the deal but it would certainly put more pressure on them and maybe even sway the EPL (who I firmly believe will ultimately wave 777 through)
I might be mistaken but there’s nothing in the public domain that says what this overvalued deal price is, certainly that I’ve seen of any substance, so again why not publicise you interest and intent?
They would be under zero obligation or benift to keep quiet. Unless they are waiting for administration, which brings me back to my original position 🤷🏻‍♂️
Again what is the point of trying to gazzump an agreed sale by offering a lower price .
And the general consensus is that 777 are indeed paying a price that is above the actual value of a distressed business.
Anyone using this tactic might well create bad feeling and ill will between themselves and Moshiri , for no gain.
Also as you yourself point out , the support of the fans is irrelevant at this juncture , we have no agency in this sale.
As to the PL waiving this through, I think they’ve made it quite clear that they will not allow 777 to fund the purchase with loans thereby loading an already financially compromised club with more debt via loans to purchase .
Which I believe is a major problem for a group which seems to struggle with liquidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back