777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Undoubtedly.

Evertonians have been potty-trained by the media in the last few years to devalue their own club and see it as a pariah.

Hard nosed investors just see a massive club, with a massive fanbase, with a massive future.

Great point. We've been garbage for 3 decades and you can still count the number of bigger clubs on one hand. New stadium is also a shiny bauble.

Evertonians have been potty-trained by the media in the last few years to devalue their own club and see it as a pariah.
The media narrative of 'Plucky Everton' was driven by the former Chairman and his willing accomplice, Moyes.

"Look how well we're doing!"

We'd have been doing even better with a bit of investment, even spending some of our own money earned from TV and prize money rather than spending it on 'other operating costs' that spiralled under Kenwright.

Everton FC. The first Leveraged buyout if the premier League era.

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Last edited:
Yes. Undoubtedly.

Hard nosed investors just see a massive club, with a massive fanbase, with a massive future.

…Dyche said it last week;

IMG_8764.webp

On another note, paradoxically, the relegation battles of the last 3 years have been brilliant publicity for the club given the fans' passion which has been plain for all to see. I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed by potential investors.

On another note, paradoxically, the relegation battles of the last 3 years have been brilliant publicity for the club given the fans' passion which has been plain for all to see. I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed by potential investors.
Yeah. I’m sure us all waving flags and carrying dogs through the street is far more influential on hard nosed investors than the fact we’ve barely stayed in the league three years on the spin.

This is true but for the fact that the current PL rules make it difficult for any club to join the top 6 powerbase. Cannot understand why the rest vote for rules which make this so.
While that’s true, the only way to even begin to challenge is revenue generation and that’s the whole purpose behind the stadium project. Particularly when PSR is moving to a revenue based model, this will be a massive factor for an ambitious owner.

So that HAS to be a massive draw for new owners because the time, cost and hassle of starting such a project from scratch elsewhere is absolutely enormous.

Obviously that’s reflected in the cost of entry with the stadium debt etc, but you’re getting into a marathon project in the final mile and that’s highly valuable.

Would new owners strive to repay 777 do you reckon or settle for them turning their "investment" in to equity with a shareholding in the club/stadium?
I just asked or posed similar question in the Moshiri thread. Whatever money they have put in, for me sounds like they may fail to get back, however if it was dependant on clauses and 777 didnt meet those clauses, will it be payable back, or if, as is looking a possibility 777 go to the wall, will it be/could it be written off?

I don't know the answer but I'm sure some in here will? not sure how this side pans out but if 777 do go to the wall it would seem that money to us is dead for them?

Would new owners strive to repay 777 do you reckon or settle for them turning their "investment" in to equity with a shareholding in the club/stadium?
Is it a possibility that new owners could let 777 have their equity and then wait for the administrators to inevitably take control of 777 in the near future, at which time the new owners could buy 777s share from the administrators for far less than 200 mill? Or is that too simple, I'm not sure how these things work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back