A full squad at last

Status
Not open for further replies.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6nWSrfyTUw[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7natzBIFL8[/media]

A couple of superb finishes. I think he's the best in the club at this sort of thing. He has superb technique.

that one against larissa, finest champagne.

scored by any other club, the inbred [Poor language removed] on tv and in the press would be drowning in each others love juice.

Sorry, when I think of superb, I think of Henry, Adebayor, etc...

Not fair of me to compare Osman to them.

He has had some very good goals for us throughout the entire season.

its a fantastic team goal, at pace, crisp one touch passing with a cherry of a distance first time shot to finish.

gravy.

Yak best finisher at the club.

Look at Fernandes passion when Ossie scored, and people think he doesnt care.

think tonight might be a good chance to play a five man midfield without super Lee ........ just to see how it works ?

pienaar ....... fernandes ....... osman ........ arteta

.............................Cahill...............................

.......................Yak/vic/james/aj......................

Thought I'd wheel out the stats (ha).

Osman - 57 shots, 31 on target, 6 goals
Cahill - 36 shots, 22 on target, 9 goals

I think that's a fair comparison myself. Osman has played more, hence why he's had more shots. Both have a similar ratio of shots/on target. Cahill has a better scoring ratio because he's played in a more central position.

Actually o disagree with most of that. According to those stats, Osman gets 54% of his shots on target, of which 20% he scores, meaning he scores 10% fo his shots. Cahill get 62% on target, of which 40% go in, scoring 25% of total shots. Those are far superior stats. Osman plays pretty centrally most of the time anyhow, with Arteta and Pienaar mainly out wide, but even if that were the case, why would that make his ratio lower than Cahill's? Most of Ossies' goals I can remember came from a central position.

Agreed Bundy...when Cahill gets back on form, I'd hate to be the opposition. We've been winning without his goals lately. He'll start scoring again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back