A new sense of expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to moyes
Great manager, was a shame he couldn't win anything. Good luck to the new manager, moyes hands off baines and Barkley. I don't want either of them leaving for man u =(

Interesting premier league team XII aged based info.

This season youngest XII was against Arsenal away when Barkley and the oldest against Newcastle away. Only Fulham have started older XIIs than us this season.

[table="width: 500, class: grid"]
[tr]
[td]Season Year[/td]
[td]Team fielded age - Younges / Oldest[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]02 / 03[/td]
[td]Y - 25.45 / O - 28.73[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12 / 13[/td]
[td]Y - 27.27 / O - 29.9[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Data from transfermarkt.

This is exciting news. I'm expecting something different from coming 6/7 every year even if it is a relegation scrap it's got to be more exciting right? (i'm also expecting man. utd. to drop down to 5th, you heard it hear first).

I'm certainly not at a point of being excited about what's to come. Moyes has been brilliant for us, as we have for him. Whatever way he's done it he's had us at the top end of the table for 10yrs, No mean feat given what he inherreted and the finance available to him. A cup win is all that's missing from a perfect tenure, but that feat is not as easy as some think, look at the fa cup winners the past 10yrs or so.

I would agree its all gone a bit stagnant the last couple of years. I blame the board for that. When you have been somewhere that long and get as high as you realistically can what's next? You need to go again, bring in the players to move you on again, he's never really been able to do that... Imagine it's a bit under whelming going into every new season knowing you've not caught/passed the teams you were chasing previous years. At least a new manager will be naive enough to not know better.

But end of the day Everton will move on as moye has moved on. I think moyes will do brilliant at utd after the initial first season. He will suprise a lot with the way utd play and attack, I'm sure there will be plenty of threads to come asking why he didn't have us playing like that...which of course the simple answer is squad quality.

As for us it all depends on who comes in and how they perform. The squad moyes has left us with, even tho i expect to lose at least 1 big player (Fellaini) does at least leave us safe from the worse scenario for next season. There's some good and very good players in that first 11. Don't kid yourselves tho that in 2/3 yrs time we could not be in big trouble if a new guy gets it wrong. The best we can hope for is prob same again league wise, a cup win and more attacking football.

As for names, well I don't want to go foreign, I really don't! Too much risk in that for me. Much like utd have done appointing moyes, I want the traditions of our club upheld, I don't want a foreign coach will all his foreign staff changing our club and staff. Only to be a complete disaster (remember Ramos) Someone with PL experience is a must IMO, I've quite grown to the idea of Martinez tbh. Offers that foreign approach from home soil. Would be someone who could keep the ball rolling and his full potential could be seen with us. I would also have Harry redknapp if others were not available. Laudrup looks to have quality but I think it's unrealistic to get him, not to mention he will be off abroad in a couple of years and he could yet be a flash in the pan.

Don't want Lennon MON Hughes Neville or anyone from whithin as there not ready!

There is life after moyes and if we're lucky and get it right the new manager with a fresh approach and enthusiasm will be a breath of fresh air and give everyone new hope of better things.

There's also getting it wrong and going back to pre-moyes... So I'll reserve judgment for the next 18months or so and hope it goes the way this great club deserve!

The other thing that's getting me now is the lies:

- Moyes is the one for bringing youth through. OH NO HE's NOT

- Moyes is a winner. OH NO HE's NOT

It's like a sick bloody panto

Dell Boy, just what I've been saying for months now. Moyes has held back quite a few young lads. Were's Barkly or Vellios neither can get a game but Anchibe walks... Slowly into the side every week. Don't know if his negitiveity will wash at Utd, he may be in for a shock imo.

I think it will be martinez, he will bring maloney, MacArthur and MacArthney with him. We will sell Felli for £23million odd, Baines will go to man u for £15million. One thing I think we will see is the younger players getting a push, vellios, junior, duffy, barkley, hammar. It is interesting times ahead, personally as long as we dont get a toss manager like hughes/oniell/Maclaren/MacArthey/usual names we should do all right.

I am interested in this £40million kitty people seem to be talking about, where is this coming from? sale of players?

I think moyes took us a far as he could and couldnt find a way to take us that step further im looking forward to getting a new manager even if we sell fellani and baines we still have a good team hopefully the board backs the new manager

I have mixed feelings towards Moyes. I think he has done very well on the transfer market and showed a certain ability to get good players on the cheap. On the other hand I believe the club has lost a lot of money on Bily and Yakubu; I also believe that Jelavic's money summed up to the Oviedo and Stones money could have been spent on a very good striker, that would have put us on the tail of the third place.

Again, we have been decent against the top 6 and poor against the last 6 of table.

One thing I don't leave in the middle of nowhere is the fact that he picked us on the verge of self destruction and gave a glimpse of european football and some hard fought battles against the top clubs. We are a lot better now than when he came. That's a fact.

Still, sometimes I have been left with a strange taste in my mouth because we could have done a lot better in certain situations, like the ****in FA Cup semi-final, against lousy Wigan.

Today is the first day I've felt a new sense of optimism!

I've just watched Moyes' BBC press conference and for the first time since this has been announced, I can honestly say I wish him well.

I'm looking forward to a new style of football within our great club!

The King is dead, long live the King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back