Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are none, thats my point... We're trying to build a top 4 team with players who Top 4 teams don't want....its possible with the right manager and luck with signings that fit the team...
Potentially we've made 3 good signings, but I'd much rather have the signings Chelsea have made... I still feel we're gonna need to find young talent, before the big clubs do, in order to build a team that can challenge..

James could easily play for any of the top 4 teams in the prem.

Looks like we won't be playing wingers much in this up coming season.
Walcott mainly on the bench. Also Iwobi....
Will we go 4-3-3. Or 4-3-1-2. Or 4-1-2-1-2...a midfield diamond.......4-4-2.....
Or one last guess......3-5-2......
Anyhow.......three great signings imo. Great to see our main problem position(midfield) hopefully sorted out. When our three new guys are all up to speed and playing......I wonder who makes the team alongside them in midfield. Gomes maybe..............Davies..........Gordon. Surely not Siggy or Delph.
Our defence should benefit from a more solid midfield playing in front of them. Our attack should benefit with better service......our new signings should provide all that and more.....
Interesting times ahead. Our new midfield has to be better that the rubbish that we have endured for the last few seasons.
Up The Toffees.......Ancelottis (at last) rocking and rolling Toffees.....

[QUOTE="Bob Latchford, post: 8077056,

cant wait to see how this all pans out.
[/QUOTE]
Mixed isn't it, thinking our threads when our players leave are similar, feeling he will be good for us, god knows we needed it !

There are none, thats my point... We're trying to build a top 4 team with players who Top 4 teams don't want....its possible with the right manager and luck with signings that fit the team...
Potentially we've made 3 good signings, but I'd much rather have the signings Chelsea have made... I still feel we're gonna need to find young talent, before the big clubs do, in order to build a team that can challenge..
They spent what 200 mil? Something mad like that.. still got to make them gel and Frank doesn’t have a lot of experience

Looks like we won't be playing wingers much in this up coming season.
Walcott mainly on the bench. Also Iwobi....

I know a lot of Arsenal fans who were sad to see Iwobi go and that his best position is actually centre mid.

4-2-3-1
--------------Pickford
Coleman - Holgate - Mina - Digne
----------Allan - Doucoure
--- James --- Iwobi ----- Richarlison
------------- DCL

They say Ancelotti favours 4-2-2-2

------------ Pickford
Coleman --- Holgate - Mina - Digne
----------Allan -- Doucoure
----- Iwobi ------------------ James
--------Richarlison ---- DCL

Personally I'd like to see:
------------ Pickford
Coleman --- Holgate - Mina - Digne
---------------Allan
------ Doucoure ---- Gomes -----------
Richarlison ----------------------James
--------------------DCL

All this transfer action's making me giddy.

Strange to feel so satisfied by the business Everton's done when we're still nearly a month away from the closing of the transfer window.

I think we will have a cracking midfield this year. It has been completely lightweight since Gana left, but now for the first time in years I’m looking forward to it......COYB’s.....

Yes mate, completely agree.
All the fans and indeed the chat on here was all about the need to sort the midfield out and I can’t quite believe what the club have been able to go out and do.
I suppose all transfers are gambles but to bring the 3 in that we have and indeed Doucoure in particular just shows that the club isn’t messing around.

I think and important part in all this is the feel good factor and the message it’s sending out to any other potential targets that we mean business.

I’m still stunned at the Kai Havertz fee though. Almost 80m suggests it’s a player Real, Barca, Juve, PSG or Bayern should have been after but he’s went to Chelsea. Still their squad looks unreal and I’m hopeful there might be a few defensive bargains available.

James could easily play for any of the top 4 teams in the prem.

Had the radio on this morning taking my daughter to school, was listening to see if the Doucoure deal would be announced. The subject of James was brought up and McCoist and Cascarino were asked for their opinions, expecting the worst I was preparing to change the channel when they both started waxing lyrical about him, McCoist described him as half a yard short of a Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar player. No matter what you think of the person giving the opinion it’s still nice to hear!!

23:07

DOUCOURE EAGER TO START 'AMBITIOUS PROJECT'
Abdoulaye Doucoure cannot wait to be part of Everton's "ambitious project" after signing from Watford for an undisclosed fee.
The 27-year-old has agreed a three-year deal, with the Toffees having the option of a fourth season.
Doucoure, a France U21 international, is Everton's third major signing in four days following the arrivals of Brazilian Allan and Colombia's James Rodriguez.
"I have been waiting a long time to come here and now it has happened so I am very happy," Doucoure said on the Everton website. "I had some interest from other clubs, but from the beginning when Everton showed an interest in me I told my agent to focus on Everton. It was the only club I wanted to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.