Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly hard to defend Brands if true. What's the point of him.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean anyone could have made this signing. It was an obvious one if you're willing to overpay for a flavour of the month player in any given position in England - it's how we ended up with Bolasie, went in for Sissoko with Spurs, signed Ashley Williams etc. etc. So why I say "what's the point of him" I mean what's he doing as Director of Football if the majority of his signings are something Joe Bloggs off the street could have had the imagination to come up with.

Incredibly hard to defend Brands if true. What's the point of him.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean anyone could have made this signing. It was an obvious one if you're willing to overpay for a flavour of the month player in any given position in England - it's how we ended up with Bolasie, went in for Sissoko with Spurs, signed Ashley Williams etc. etc. So why I say "what's the point of him" I mean what's he doing as Director of Football if the majority of his signings are something Joe Bloggs off the street could have had the imagination to come up with.

I guess the flip side mate is that is he supposed to ignore these players just cause everyone is aware of them? His role is to map the future of the team and build a squad to challenge along with the manager. If for every Branthwaite there's a Doucoure, so be it. I'm relatively happy with Doucoure providing we still bring in Allan or another CM along with him.

Oh dear Lord. Comparisons to Tom Davies do not sit right.

1597767979646.png

Time for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.