2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
…but disappointed @Carlito hasn’t posted to consider his pre-match comments regarding Doucoure playing ahead of Rodriguez;

’the scenes if Doucoure is misplacing passes & chasing his first touch whilst a £140k per week playmaker is scratching his arse on the bench’.

The lad isn’t in the same quality street as Rodriguez, to compare one with the other is simply wrong but Doucoure influences football matches in a different way. He was terrific with the ball and without it today.

Remember when the hipsters were slamming talk of Doucoure moving more advanced "DAT FELLA IS USELESS WHY WE SELLIN JAMES AND DOIN DAT BOTTOM 3 A CERTAINTY M8" :coffee:

Don't think many have,that's why it's an odd post to make.

I didnt till last year neither. The PFA Inclusion bloke or the Kick it Out bloke used it as an example of the football phrases that are widely accepted, but can be offensive, even though they are not intended to be.

Mate, there's a black NFL running back in the NFL (Marshawn Lynch) nicknamed Beast Mode...e.
I dare say if Doucoure even knows of the existence of Marshawn Lynch then he certainly wouldn't be offended.
My 2 cents.

I didnt say he would be. I said that many football folk dont understand that the phrase can be offensive. Even is its not meant to be. The reaction to that, and some tool finding my own post from years ago about Rom just proves that point.

I didnt know is could be offensive, clearly many still dont.

"Beasts" or "Beasting" was the practice used by slave owners to maximise the output of their strongest black slaves. Extra food, that sort of stuff, was used to produce their Beasts.
Where does beast come from? The first records of the word beast come from around 1200. It comes from the Latin bēstia, whose original meaning is uncertain. It may have simply been a word meaning “animal.”

Beast Mode was made popular by Marshawn Lynch (NFL). Because he was unplayable (he was!!). its really not racists. if you're fishing you've got some bites. if not, i dunno, but hey, you made me post for the first time in a few years. So i bit.

Again, I never said it was racist; we all know the context in a football world. All I said is some Black men might be offended by it. Mr Lynch clearly isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.