Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll and more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bournemouth - inextricably linked to a very dark time for our club. I think they're a better side now than the one Lampard was losing to on what seemed a weekly basis...but we win today.

1-0 to the Blues.

UTFT.

Stat freaks on the Bournmouth forum lol

Matt Stevenson

First Team​

I’ve looked at the last 4 league games for Everton. These were two home games (C Palace and W Ham) and away at Brighton and Man U. Everton gained 2 points although the XGs suggested this was an unfair reflection, with 6 being more likely with Everton being dominant in the home games. Everton have scored 3 goals and conceded 7 with xG estimating 6.37 goals with 6.72 conceded highlighting a problem in scoring.

Goals xG.png

Everton have had 3 different goal scorers (Beto, Branthwaite and Onana with one each). Garner and McNeil have one assist each.

The average positions of the starting line-ups are below. In the away game at Brighton the team sat back (and only had an xG of 0.29) whereas the team was more attacking against Man Utd, being closer to the formations for the home games.

Av pos.png

The following graph compares summary stats of Everton and AFCB over the last 4 games. On the underlying stats AFCB are doing well offensively with more goal attempts, big chances, xG and goals scored, but with Everton having the better stats defensively in particular for big chances conceded.

Comparison.png

Everton have marginally more percentage possession at 50%, with AFCB at 45%. Surprisingly for a Dyche-managed team Everton are conceding a high proportion of chances from set pieces.

Percentages.png

We due giving someone a hiding this season.

I reckon Cherries are worse with the ball than with counter attacking. I'd sit deep and let them 'enjoy' the ball and we hit them on counters rather.

Having said that. That plan is useless if we concede first. Which ruins our plan most of the time