Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll and more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
50 seconds in he’s saying they only had one day to prepare, presumably because they were on a jolly to Portugal which his team will have planned 🤣 .
I’ve heard some excuses in the last few years for why we’re so poor, but that takes the absolute biscuit.
Sean - If you needed more time to prepare, leave Portugal earlier or don’t go at all you utter clown.
We only have about 5 or 6 out of the squad that went on International Duty....

Yeah, I've had enough of Dyche now. He's been operating under immense restriction, but you can't justify the constant selections of Calvert-Lewin, Godfrey, and now Young. He seems determined to make a a bad situation dire. This team is done.
Agree stupid decisions such as playing Maupay constantly against huge defenders. You can only play defensively if you have decent strikers and a decent midfield. Worked with Moyes, let's say when we went to Arsenal in 2013 and drew 0 -0, we played defensively but had Anichebe to hold ball. It doesn't work when you have nobody other than Gomes who can hold ball and we have no attacking threat. Playing against Arsenal this season at home with the sole intention of not losing. He just hopes we don't concede then makes changes too late or doesn't make them at all. As happened against Brighton we didn't keep ball and just made it easy for them, we should of done that today, but there's nobody who can control the game.

I have not yet read any of the previous comments, but for me the next game I watch will be the first match after Dyche has gone. Any manager who puts on a 38 tear old
fullback when getting beat does not deserve to be in charge of a premiere league club. He needs to go NOW before its to late (if its not to late already)

Great watching Ashley Young try to beat a man and then just dribbled it straight out when he realised he had no pace to beat a man lol

For a short goalie he has misplaced confidence in being rooted to his line on every cross and hoping he can react or the ball hits him. Neither of which have happened in recent memory. Decent shot stopper otherwise he's becoming a liability. Hoofball may be what Dyche is expecting but why can't one of the defenders do this further up the pitch. Pickford invariably kicks it too far, straight out or to their goalie. I hate it.
Seriously, if you think our goalie is a liability...
Oh, mate....
Though I hear grid iron is coming back soon.

Chasing the game Macca and one of the 2 subs he makes first is Ashley Young.

It's just unacceptable isn't it mate. And in the minutes he was on, he lost the ball trying to beat a man twice, had a chance to cross another time and went backwards and got beat for pace twice when defending

He's absolutely finished at this level but oh no Dyche knows best.

The thing is, it wouldn't matter if Dobbin or Danjuma were fit, he'll continue with Harrison and Mcneil for the wings regardless.

We might as well go 352 at this stage and try and get wing backs higher up the pitch because the wingers themselves offer sweet fa and the full backs barely get past the halfway line

It's just unacceptable isn't it mate. And in the minutes he was on, he lost the ball trying to beat a man twice, had a chance to cross another time and went backwards and got beat for pace twice when defending

He's absolutely finished at this level but oh no Dyche knows best.

The thing is, it wouldn't matter if Dobbin or Danjuma were fit, he'll continue with Harrison and Mcneil for the wings regardless.

We might as well go 352 at this stage and try and get wing backs higher up the pitch because the wingers themselves offer sweet fa and the full backs barely get past the halfway line

Bringing a defender on 7 minutes before Beto came on when we're chasing the game is criminal mate.

Bringing a defender on 7 minutes before Beto came on when we're chasing the game is criminal mate.

I know mate but I wasn't even shocked.

I said to my lad, 100% he'll keep DCL on because he won't want to be firing any questions about why Beto was dropped and he'll be hoping DCL grabs something. Beto and Chermiti should have been brought on together. DCL and Beto won't work, DCL doesn't work with anyone occupying his space.

Tough one for you to take today, and you have my sympathy having to watch a Dyche team every week. I'm still hoping you and Luton manage to send Forest down. What's happened with Danjuma? He was outstanding for us but did suffer from some injuries. More of the same?

May not be any consolation but if the worst does happen then the Championship is enormous fun. It's by far the most enjoyable league to be in, much better than the Premier League.

Make sure you dump Dyche though and instead appoint a manager who likes to play football so you get to make the most of it.

The only disappointing thing about the Championship is if you do too well, you end up back in the Premier League and the Football Brands (as opposed to clubs) still haven't disappeared to their World Super League Series. If (when?) they finally go, the Premier League might give the Championship a run for its money. Until then, if it happens make the most of it as it'll surprise you and be a blast.

Realisation hit today. Forgot we were playing. Saw the score around 7pm and thought "meh". No emotion, just carried on browsing. Never thought I'd ever feel like that, but alas, it is what it is :coffee:. Off to binge watch the rest of Hijack.